Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How the heck you become a vampire?  (Read 8885 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How the heck you become a vampire?
« on: February 17, 2012, 10:37:56 am »

I tried drinking vampire blood and I still am not a vampire  :P

Rodge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How the heck you become a vampire?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:28 am »

Have you drank the blood of a sleeping dorf yet? From what I read this is what finishes the transformation.
People keep saying that doing an Evil embark is like experiencing a Zombie Apocalypse but that's not accurate. In a zombie apocalypse the zombies overwhelm the inhabitants corrupting the land and trapping a band of survivors. In DF a group of people with a perfectly fine place to live, look at a corrupted hellhole overrun by the legions of the undead boot them out and say "No, we live here now."

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 11:13:30 am »

You are one. Just check your character name- It should read "Name the human/dwarf/elven VAMPIRE".

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 11:23:35 am »

You are one. Just check your character name- It should read "Name the human/dwarf/elven VAMPIRE".

Not quite.  As soon as you suck the blood of a sleeping creature, your name will change to "<creature> <profession> vampire."  You'll also see a red night creature symbol (Ñ) by your name in the corner of the screen.  This name change is sorta temporary, as it will disappear after a while, but it may or may not reappear sporadically over the next day or so.  It will do this any time you suck the blood of a creature.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 12:56:14 pm »

But there doesn't appear any sort of "Feed on sleeping person" thing after drinking vampire blood... I pressed e and nothing.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 01:04:33 pm »

I've not been a vampire, but have you tried pressing "x" to enter the interaction menu ?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 01:09:02 pm »

Not quite.  As soon as you suck the blood of a sleeping creature, your name will change to "<creature> <profession> vampire."  You'll also see a red night creature symbol (Ñ) by your name in the corner of the screen.  This name change is sorta temporary, as it will disappear after a while, but it may or may not reappear sporadically over the next day or so.  It will do this any time you suck the blood of a creature.

Never tried to suck the blood from sleeping persons. I just drink the blood from the enemies i slay- And, as far as i know, i`m a real vampire. I don`t have to sleep, i don`t have to eat or drink and my name is listed as "Name XXX the Human Vampire". Also undeads are friendly to me.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 01:13:21 pm »

Drinking the blood splatters on your weapons/armor/body does nothing for your vampire blood-thirst (Thirsty).  You have to actually suck the blood of unconscious/sleeping creatures by standing adjacent to them and pressing 'e.'  At the top of the menu should be "Suck X's blood."  I'm not sure what happens if you go too long without sucking blood, but I imagine it's not good.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:54 pm »

Like I said, neither x nor e has that kind of option after I've drink vampire blood.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 01:22:44 pm »

Drink more vampire blood. It may have not took.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »

Drinking the blood splatters on your weapons/armor/body does nothing for your vampire blood-thirst (Thirsty).  You have to actually suck the blood of unconscious/sleeping creatures by standing adjacent to them and pressing 'e.'  At the top of the menu should be "Suck X's blood."  I'm not sure what happens if you go too long without sucking blood, but I imagine it's not good.

Oh, thanks! I just assumed that the vampire blood thirst was like some permanent thing which couldn`t really be sated.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 01:43:12 pm »

Drink more vampire blood. It may have not took.

Umm, How much? There is that problem its impossible to drink blood without taking pauses after three...

Okay, I tried to make vampire bleed as much as possible, I have drink its blood like 9 times and I'm still not a vampire!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:09:10 pm by MaskedMiner »

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 11:39:21 pm »

Is this a bug? =/

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 11:41:35 pm »

Pick another vampire. That one may have just been cursed by some odd god or something, and it cannot be passed through blood ingestion.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 11:43:40 pm »

Is it a human vampire or some other race?

I've found a few cave fish people vampires and couldn't turn by drinking their blood.
Pages: [1] 2