Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't find dead areas / skeletal creatures after worldgen in .34  (Read 541 times)

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can't find dead areas / skeletal creatures after worldgen in .34
« on: February 16, 2012, 11:21:12 pm »

I've done about 50 or so embarks now on 'Terrifying' and 'Haunted' areas, looking for a particular type of surrounding. Particularly, I want a 'dead' area - dead trees, dead shrubs/grass, mostly or only skeletal creatures.

In .31, I have a map where it's pretty easy to find such. Most 'Terrifying' areas are desolate, with dead trees and dead shrubs and only undead creatures surrounding me.

Now, in .34, I've generated 3 maps, including one where I tripled all the evil generation settings. Following this I've tried about 50 or so embarks - and have yet to find a *single* 'dead' zone. Even in areas that are Terrifying/Haunted I can't anything but lush green forests or beautiful tundras, etc.

Has anyone else experienced the same? Or tried to specifically find dead zones? Any tips on finding them?

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can't find dead areas / skeletal creatures after worldgen in .34
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:24:04 pm »

Well, I'm not sure if dead creatures exist by themselves anymore, but whether evil biome has evil plants or not is sort of random.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:29:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure evil non-grass flora are bugged. As for undead, I've noticed that some evil biomes are purple/magenta on the map, while others are gray/red. The gray/red areas have always had undead in my experience.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

soulmata

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:34:06 pm »

I landed in both grey and red areas too on my most recent map. Again, lush forests or meadows with living creatures.

:(

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:35:02 pm »

I'm pretty sure evil non-grass flora are bugged. As for undead, I've noticed that some evil biomes are purple/magenta on the map, while others are gray/red. The gray/red areas have always had undead in my experience.

Nah, eyeball and worm grass isn't bugged, it just doesn't always appear. The evil trees and berries are though.