Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mummies are hardcore  (Read 11029 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mummies are hardcore
« on: February 16, 2012, 10:53:46 am »

So far I haven't managed to defeat one  :P

Just now, I was in catacombs searching for treasures, when I got bored/had enough stuff, I tried to sneak out of there. Well, to my bad luck, I happened to step on mummy who proceeded to raise every fricking skeleton on the room. Pretty much every tile except one I was standing on had at least one skeleton.(there were tons of graves, coffins and skeletons in that place...) So yeah, its kinda !fun! to get swarmed in every direction without any hope of survival xD

Intro1827

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mummies are hardcore
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 11:04:29 am »

Mummies will only die from bisection/decapitation,and their curse will give you bad rolls forever. Good luck.
In mid air, the dwarf continued to take hits from both the minecart and his own falling axe.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 11:07:30 am »

Speaking of curses, how do you know you got a curse? Is it shown somewhere?
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Logeres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 11:11:29 am »

No. But if you met a mummy, you can be pretty sure that you've been cursed. It's pretty easy to notice; once in a while, not one roll you make will hit.

On the subject of killing Mummies: Try using blunt weapons. I didn't manage to kill them even with legendary sword skill, but a well placed boot to the head brings them down instantly.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:52 am »

No. But if you met a mummy, you can be pretty sure that you've been cursed. It's pretty easy to notice; once in a while, not one roll you make will hit.

On the subject of killing Mummies: Try using blunt weapons. I didn't manage to kill them even with legendary sword skill, but a well placed boot to the head brings them down instantly.

Hmm with my necro char, the mummy was Neutral but I killed it anyway (had to press Alt+y before attacks), and once in a while I miss every hit and every dodge/block.
With my vampire, I killed two mummies (and discovered that you can speak to them), but I was sneaking and killed it (confirming with Alt+y), and so far I haven't noticed any 'bad luck'.. hope I didn't get cursed, because I really can't stand playing with my necro anymore.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:20 am »

I was playing as a vampromancer, and I brought a mummy and all the peasant skeletons back to life as my companions.  I'm not sure as to whether or not I've been cursed, but I certainly haven't noticed it yet if I have.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 11:18:39 am »

When I fought one, the mummy said "I CURSE YOU" and then it said "You have been cursed" or something similar.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Logeres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 11:20:31 am »

If you got cursed, the mummy tells you so when you meet it (something like "How dare you enter my house"). Plus, you get a message that you "feel horrible". If you can't remember whether you got that or not, and you don't have awful dice luck from time to time, just assume that you didn't.

EDIT: Beaten to it. xD

NinjaBoot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:36 pm »

Just make sure to NOT bring any animal bodyparts with you otherwise they'll jump right outta your damn pack when a mummy starts raising hell!

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 12:10:22 pm »

So far I haven't managed to defeat one  :P

Just now, I was in catacombs searching for treasures, when I got bored/had enough stuff, I tried to sneak out of there. Well, to my bad luck, I happened to step on mummy who proceeded to raise every fricking skeleton on the room. Pretty much every tile except one I was standing on had at least one skeleton.(there were tons of graves, coffins and skeletons in that place...) So yeah, its kinda !fun! to get swarmed in every direction without any hope of survival xD
ive killed one, but managed to get swarmed by its undead army.

funny how long dead skeletons have fleshy parts.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 10:09:44 pm »

Just make sure to NOT bring any animal bodyparts with you otherwise they'll jump right outta your damn pack when a mummy starts raising hell!

Oh yes,
I had an eagles skin in my backpack, and it was raised as well...
as a string of bad luck I managed to kill the mummy and a skeleton and severely crippled another skeleton,
only to be killed by said eagles skin.

I would call it some kind of revenge for killing the eagle that was the previous owner of said skin :D

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 10:21:23 pm »

An incurable curse seems pretty anti-fun.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:16 pm »

I decided to start out as a lasher and after a few good fights made my way into a tomb with a companion. Mummy cut off his hand, raised the hand, killed him, raised him, and then I was getting the best of the mummy with chipped bones but I felt the inevitability; don't fight a mummy with a whip.

I began to run, but the wrong way, and there were a bunch of skeletons in the next room so I had to go back lest I lead him to them.

Needless to say eventually he killed me.

Teldin

• Bay Watcher
  • Canadian Bacon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 10:58:52 pm »

The easiest way to deal with mummies is to wake it up, and then vamoose out the door as soon as you can. When all the undead start chasing you you can lure the faster ones out with you and kill them one at a time with single attacks, and start throwing stuff at the mummy (or shooting if you have that skill). It can still take lung and leg damage, so just keep doing that until you can rush in and finish it off.

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 12:50:59 am »

I dumped a human mummy into magma over in the arena.  He lived through it.  Fat completely burned off and he's constantly gushing blood, but he's been in there for a while now and I don't think he's going to melt anytime soon.

Edit: I dropped another fifty of them in because why not, and all of them survive their magma baths.

I've heard of people having success taking out husks with fire...looks like that technique won't work on these guys.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:54:16 am by Tryble »
Pages: [1] 2