Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vampire/Werewolf  (Read 1691 times)

Arzhul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vampire/Werewolf
« on: February 15, 2012, 12:45:10 pm »

So I've read somewhere you could become such a creature.
Sounds fun!
Did anyone try this yet?
Any tactics to get infected?

dood_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire/Werewolf
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 12:49:10 pm »

Apparently they're randomly generated so it's different ways of doing so in different games.

Licking their blood worked for me. I never really tried biting as a tactic before, but once you're a vampire this seems pretty powerful, crushing skulls left and right.

Not sure will this work for werecreatures?
It seems very dwarven to use the hell itself as a garbage disposal. I can just see this isolated pile of goblin clothing, rotten food, and chunks of animals sitting there in a featureless plain, slowly cooking in the heat as demons pick at it.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 03:42:12 pm »

I've been a vampire, all you have to do is drink some of their blood and then you'll get a huge speed increase (I went from 1000 to 1800), which is probably the quickest way to notice the change.

And I think Toady has stated that vampires are all the same right now, no random effects or anything yet.

Werecreatures draw their appearance from random animals and are weak to random weapon materials, I've seen copper, bronze, bismuth bronze, silver and iron weaknesses so far.

To be turned into a werecreature you have to be bitten by one while they're transformed, which only happens during full moons.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:44:09 pm by Jehdin »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 03:55:33 pm »

I've been a vampire, all you have to do is drink some of their blood and then you'll get a huge speed increase (I went from 1000 to 1800), which is probably the quickest way to notice the change.

And I think Toady has stated that vampires are all the same right now, no random effects or anything yet.

Werecreatures draw their appearance from random animals and are weak to random weapon materials, I've seen copper, bronze, bismuth bronze, silver and iron weaknesses so far.

To be turned into a werecreature you have to be bitten by one while they're transformed, which only happens during full moons.

In otherwords GOOOOOOOD LUCK trying to become a Werecreature... or heck even fighting one.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 06:23:18 pm »

In otherwords GOOOOOOOD LUCK trying to become a Werecreature... or heck even fighting one.

Yeah... I've been trying but it's difficult to even survive until a full moon.

FirestormXL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 05:14:05 pm »

This version is still very new and not a ton is known about it,

I mean, I just got The Weremammoth Olin Almoshkulet Nekut Etol had come! a gigantic mammoth twisted into humanoid form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. It's eyes glow yellow. Its raw umber hair is short and even. Now you know why you fear the night.

And I have no army outside of a group of conscripts with absolutely no weapons on any kind, I mean they stabbed the amphibian men the dwarves were conscripted for to death with the darts they got shot with...

I've no idea what I'm going to do outside of hope he can be caught in a trap. In which case I scratch off new fortress, and write in new Colosseum.

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 05:58:15 pm »

I just got The Weremammoth Olin Almoshkulet Nekut Etol
Weremammoth

Best. Were-creature. EVAR.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 06:14:25 pm »

Not so much if you've just finished decorating your house - every full moon you explode into a form about 200 times your ordinary size, destroying everything.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2012, 06:57:00 pm »

Not so much if you've just finished decorating your house - every full moon you explode into a form about 200 times your ordinary size, destroying everything.

As a weremammoth, you'd probably get away with asking the community for a big house. and gold
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?