Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 748

Author Topic: Future of the Fortress  (Read 3806662 times)

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Future of the Fortress
« Reply #6090 on: April 21, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »

Something tells me that horseplay is going to be absolutely deadly, and we are going to have to invent some new fort design aspects to minimize its deadliness.

Oh lord I can just imagine it. This release goes out and everyone's dwarves are killing themselves during little skirmishes.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6091 on: April 21, 2013, 04:14:38 pm »

Something tells me that horseplay is going to be absolutely deadly, and we are going to have to invent some new fort design aspects to minimize its deadliness.

Oh lord I can just imagine it. This release goes out and everyone's dwarves are killing themselves during little skirmishes.

We need mining helmets.  I.E. hats that protect against falling rocks and scrapping your face against the floor.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6092 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:03 pm »

Quote from: Toady
Zach and I are also preparing for a trip in three days, for a CCP panel discussion on art over in CCPland.

CCP?
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6093 on: April 21, 2013, 10:52:28 pm »

Quote from: Toady
Zach and I are also preparing for a trip in three days, for a CCP panel discussion on art over in CCPland.

CCP?

Yes, all I can get Googling is stuff on the Chinese Communist party.  Though of course they may be hosting a forum on game art...
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #6094 on: April 21, 2013, 10:53:24 pm »

This one.  They develop EVE Online, a DF MoMA-buddy, and they're having the MoMA design curator and the Canabalt guy and me over for a panel on games and art and stuff as part of their giant party.  Sort of a surprising happening, but it should be fun to visit.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6095 on: April 21, 2013, 11:46:38 pm »

Will patrols loaded in the area the player is in respond to crimes occurring there at the time? Such as if the player is involved in a nice, noisy brawl with some NPC criminals or something, guards will come to break it up?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6096 on: April 22, 2013, 12:04:53 am »

Good luck on the CCP-thing, Toady and ThreeToe, and have fun guys! You deserve it!

Give those commies hell. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6097 on: April 22, 2013, 01:56:37 am »

Communism itself is fine. Human greed fucked it up.

Subject dropped.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6098 on: April 22, 2013, 02:34:12 am »

This one.  They develop EVE Online, a DF MoMA-buddy, and they're having the MoMA design curator and the Canabalt guy and me over for a panel on games and art and stuff as part of their giant party.  Sort of a surprising happening, but it should be fun to visit.

Thanks, and sounds pretty decent of them to have invited you.  Hope you enjoy the trip!
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #6099 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:25 am »

Subject dropped.

Subject picked.

Communism itself is not fine.

It is Envy vs. Greed with lust for power as cheerleader. It is result of people being stupid enough to be taken advantage off and then delivering mob justice.

It is just pseudo-intelectual wet dream that ignores basics of human psychology and is quite evil in I-know-what-is-best-for-you way. In reality, it is just political tool to gain power by rallying masses and giving them convenient enemy (their boss) they already hate and envy.

Communism works by awakening raider-pillager-mob mentality.

There is nothing good that can even come out of such thing.

Source: I live in post-communist country.

Subject dropped.

maanahr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6100 on: April 22, 2013, 03:36:21 am »

CCP's fanfest will also be streamed for free at http://www.twitch.tv/ccp
The Art Panel is on Saturday 27th 11:00 GMT.

See also https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2904672#post2904672

Chronas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6101 on: April 22, 2013, 03:53:07 am »

Subject dropped.

You didn't even need to bring it up, it was a joke.

That said, I can't wait for CCP's shindig, I was really looking forward to more information on WoDO, and now Toady's gonna be there too it'll only get even more interesting.
He he he.  Yeah, it almost looks done...  alas...  those who are in your teens, hold on until your twenties...  those in your twenties, your thirties...  others, cling to life as you are able...
It should be pretty fun though.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6102 on: April 22, 2013, 05:47:33 am »

Subject dropped.

Subject picked.

Communism itself is not fine.

It is Envy vs. Greed with lust for power as cheerleader. It is result of people being stupid enough to be taken advantage off and then delivering mob justice.

It is just pseudo-intelectual wet dream that ignores basics of human psychology and is quite evil in I-know-what-is-best-for-you way. In reality, it is just political tool to gain power by rallying masses and giving them convenient enemy (their boss) they already hate and envy.

Communism works by awakening raider-pillager-mob mentality.

There is nothing good that can even come out of such thing.

Source: I live in post-communist country.

Subject dropped.
Human greed taints the altruistic mentality.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6103 on: April 22, 2013, 12:28:20 pm »

Subject dropped.

Subject picked.

Subject dropped.
Human greed taints the altruistic mentality.

That is all highly inappropriate for this sector of the forums. The Wrath of the Toad may descend upon us all if it does not end!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #6104 on: April 22, 2013, 12:34:38 pm »

The political system isn't evil (except inherently totalitarian ones), but countries with corruption or ambitious and charismatic leaders all tend to wind up the same. There's not much difference between a country where everything belongs to the government and one guy controls the whole government, and a country where everything belongs to a company that's owned by the head of state.

When you think about it, there's never been an actual Communist country, seeing as those claiming it wound up like it in name only. How can people control the means of production if they can't vote on it? No one can say whether Marx was right or not since nowhere ever passed through the steps of development in the right order (he said a country would have to be a capitalist republic first for it to work.)
[/derail]

Taking this in a more on-topic direction, I can't wait till the game's advanced enough for impoverished, malnourished peasants to have an insurrection.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 748