Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom entity/Civs for 34.01?  (Read 1839 times)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Custom entity/Civs for 34.01?
« on: February 14, 2012, 05:36:00 pm »

I know it was only released to day but people tend to roll out mods when they add races pretty quick anyone get a previous custom entity/civs  to actually work in the new release?  If so did you start from scratch using one of the already existing Entities? or did you just add what looked like the new tags?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Custom entity/Civs for 34.01?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:59:13 pm »

My troll mod is already fully ready for 34.01. It wasn't much difference, honestly, probably not nearly as big as 40d to 0.31.01.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:05:48 pm »

All I had to do was alter the Hammerer, as it has been greatly simplified and given a tag to make it use hammers specifically for execution. There doesn't appear to be that much of a difference entity wise.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 10:07:18 pm »

Yeah, that's the big difference.

Also, there are more gem/stone cuts now/

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 11:09:57 am »

Huh, then my marsh dwarves suck at surviving.... I didn't see any of them in the worlds I genned with their Raws in it... might need to increase Marsh/Swamp counts...  hmm maybe the biome names changed for swamps and marshes...

Brandedahall

• Bay Watcher
  • DWARF...why you not work :(
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 11:17:07 am »

The Fortress Defense mod works for me, i haven't noticed anything strange tbh. not sure if it's been updated though.
Hi guys, like my post? give me a msg

i also like critisism

[This is a pig tail fiber thong, it object menaces with spikes of pig tail fiber] D:

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:39 am »

Do the raws still support these tags for START_BIOME:
Code: [Select]
MARSH_TEMPERATE_FRESHWATER
SWAMP_TEMPERATE_FRESHWATER

Also can I change TEMPERATE to "ANY" and get  them to show up in any temperature Biome of those specific types?

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 12:09:58 pm »

Do the raws still support these tags for START_BIOME:
Code: [Select]
MARSH_TEMPERATE_FRESHWATER
SWAMP_TEMPERATE_FRESHWATER

Also can I change TEMPERATE to "ANY" and get  them to show up in any temperature Biome of those specific types?

There are very few freshwater swamps that aren't savage or evil. Your dwarves probably just aren't getting a foot in the door at world gen. Check out the Biome Tokens on the wiki for more areas to add.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 02:28:08 pm »

I went back and took another line-by-line look at the entity raws for positions, and noticed one other difference:

[SPECIAL_BURIAL] is used as a special tag on barons, counts, dukes, generals, and kings.

(This probably won't cause problems if you overlooked it, but it's a feature that won't be present if you didn't pay attention to it, nevertheless...)
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 03:08:37 pm »

The Thothgol are Vanilla-ready, as it stands.
All the changes were actually done prior to the release - I just updated today because I thought I'd have to add a bunch of stuff to make them work with the new interactions. I don't, that's nice, although I'll probably have to go through the wiki in a couple of days and see if anything new needs adding.   
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:12:17 pm by MasterMorality »

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:12 am »

Okay so I guess they can't be marsh dwarves anymore unless I can lower the savagery count and raise the marsh count... anyone know so other places, I figure having them on plains as well would lead to lots o fighting between them and the humans.

would shrub lands/savanna's work or they also get a High savagery?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2012, 10:07:43 am »

Okay so I guess they can't be marsh dwarves anymore unless I can lower the savagery count and raise the marsh count... anyone know so other places, I figure having them on plains as well would lead to lots o fighting between them and the humans.

would shrub lands/savanna's work or they also get a High savagery?

You could change the world gen parameters to include more swamp/marsh lands.  You could even change the general savagery chance at world generation.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 02:26:03 pm »

I considered that, but I'd rather not have to do a custom-world to get them Merchant dwarves to spawn.

So yeah anyone know what biomes might work that aren't taken by folks already, I considered making them more... sea faring but the last race I noticed that used ocean as a start-biome tended to end up with a lot of sinking buildings
(as seen in my sig)
 |
 |
 |
\ /
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 06:36:40 pm by Kaelem Gaen »