Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I found interesting people in Legends mode.  (Read 5625 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
I found interesting people in Legends mode.
« on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:45 pm »

The interesting person I found was called Rakel somethingsomething.

She married a guy and settled in the capital of the civilization. After some years, she became law-giver. Later, she made the position of lord and her husband made the position of general. The general then attacked an elven civilization, and lost.
Later, Rakel died from old age and was buried in a tomb.
One year after this event, the general attacked the elves again. The elves still won, even though they were horribly beaten. Then they signed a peace treaty. 2 years after the war, an adventurer (me) entered the tomb. Rakel rose from the dead, animated the lion head I collected as a trophy and her own severed hand, and then proceeded to beat the hell out of me.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:01:31 pm by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: I found interesting people in Legends mode.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 01:08:53 pm »

I just got my ass handed to me by the corpse of a blacksmith. Should probly check him in legends :D

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 03:39:21 pm »

I have a female human necromancer who seems to be ridiculously nice and is obsessed with tress. Every single one of her books are described as "compassionate" or describe her as a very compassionate being.
She wrote like three books about trees. The local forest, I assume. And two other books ABOUT the books about trees.
One is titled 'Start Your Day With The Trees'

She runs a necromancer tower.

Another necromancer is just as nice. Poor lady lost nearly all her kids before adulthood though. I'm surprised she didn't convince her husband to join her in immortality, he was around for 50 years after she became one. He nearly survived worldgen.

Korgus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 04:50:06 pm »

I have a one armed vampire lawgiver with over six thousand kills. He also forught a hydra when he was less than a year old.
F*** your pointy ears I've my dwarves inside.
And f*** your wooden swords I've my dwarves inside.
F*** your bins of cloth I've my dwarves inside.
If you're looking to be killed I've my dwarves outside.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 04:54:10 pm »

This is a sad story of a lone necromancer Cog.

You can see that he was mad and lonely by his books.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 06:24:14 pm »

Aw, poor Cog. 
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:06 pm »

he should cut off his hand and reanimate it.

Then he can truely be freinds with himself.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 08:53:03 pm »

Yes... "Friends"...

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 09:21:55 pm »

Deduk Govedcloak was born in year 11. In year 22, a minotaur ripped off his lower body.

Deduk escaped. Then spent four years hunting black bears. Then 80 years as a fishery worker. Then 30 years scouting.

In the year 144, Deduk the 133 years old half dwarf starved to death.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »

I have one figure of note:

Xug is a Ape Monster. He excaped the underworld at year five, took over a nice little settlement, and that proceded to start a long writing career.He eventualy setteled in a little town called... Apetattoos. Yes, Apetattoos. During his stay in this place, he creates the majority of the books in the world, mostly about himself. Things such as The Birth of the Master and The Underworld: Nothing Fortells where created by him. He created the position of Lord no less than five times, and tamed both tigers and poler bears. Dispite his long, long rule as the skinless god-ape pretending to be the god of death, he never once took a life.

I can only see a Orcus-like entity filling out paperwork on farming and sewer construction as he sits on a little throne of bearskins.  :D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »

I have a female clear monster named Mathe Spurtpusses the Frothy Sucker.   :-[

Mathe is notable for becoming the lawgiver of a goblin civ in year 10, then becoming imprisoned by a rival group, then becoming the war leader of her original goblin civ, in 239.

From 239 to 240 the goblin civ attacked a human settlement called Balancemaligned. During that short time span, she had 294 notable kills (including one human vampire) and 4,191 other kills.
These "other kills" included:
579 humans in Balancemaligned
99 elves in Balancemaligned
1,140 humans in Balancemaligned
145 elves in Balancemaligned
54 dwarves in Balancemaligned
111 dwarves in Balancemaligned
(I'm guessing the double entries are totals for each year, thus one for 239 and one for 240?)

And, in the surrounding Cremated Dunes, another:
783 + 821 humans
216 + 46 elves
127 + 50 dwarves

And it's STILL ALIVE.  :o

I also have a three-eyed monster named Azoc Cryptburials. Azoc is apparently a prolific author, noted for such works as:
The Wizard's Guide to Azoc Cryptburials
And He Sang 'Azoc Cryptburials!'
Hell: Before and After
Start Your Day With Azoc Cryptburials
(this is probably my favorite)
The Wizard's Guide to Azoc Cryptburials: A New Approach
The Sun Sets on Azoc Cryptburials
Azoc Cryptburials and the Virtuous Weevils
Did Azoc Cryptburials Falter?
Azoc Cryptburials and the Robust Leak

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Red

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 10:09:43 pm »

I have a female clear monster named Mathe Spurtpusses the Frothy Sucker.   :-[

Mathe is notable for becoming the lawgiver of a goblin civ in year 10, then becoming imprisoned by a rival group, then becoming the war leader of her original goblin civ, in 239.

From 239 to 240 the goblin civ attacked a human settlement called Balancemaligned. During that short time span, she had 294 notable kills (including one human vampire) and 4,191 other kills.
These "other kills" included:
579 humans in Balancemaligned
99 elves in Balancemaligned
1,140 humans in Balancemaligned
145 elves in Balancemaligned
54 dwarves in Balancemaligned
111 dwarves in Balancemaligned
(I'm guessing the double entries are totals for each year, thus one for 239 and one for 240?)

I think the double entries are actually because the game lists different castes (in this case genders) separately.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 12:40:32 am »

I just got my ass handed to me by the corpse of a blacksmith. Should probly check him in legends :D

Well, I checked him. The "blacksmith" had actually been the general of the civ at a point. One kill, a human adventurer named Zapas.

Yes... "Friends"...

I think I need a "punch-in-the-face" -gif.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 06:06:16 am »

There was this elven princess, Thirol I think. Anyway, she ne'er wrote a single book because when she reached maturity she was called to lead the defenders of the forest retreat. During the attack she killed a troll in close combat.
Years later her third-oldest daughter, let's call her Clai, was spirited away by a goblin kidnapper as she slept. She vowed to find her daughter no matter the cost and laid siege to every tower she found. A year later she was reunited with her daughter.
Only for her to be snatched away from her mother after such a brief taste of freedom.
She never saw her mother again. Thirol was appointed Queen when the previous ruler was killed by a human raiding party, taking an arrow through the lower body and dying from her injuries. The power of her civilisation was waning and the immortal armies of the elves had been reduced to mere sentinels by the horrors of war. There was no way to find her daughter without losing her civilisation.
And so we move on to the story of Clai, the girl who had only tasted freedom at a young age and was subjected to the dungeons of the goblin towers not once but twice. She was easily turned by the goblins and found her place among the snatchers. She had a quick temper and often killed others because of the slightest insult. Mostly just human converts anyway. This tendency for murder and her proficiency at child snatching earned her many names of the years.
Once, as she gathered with the other snatchers outside the tower, preparing to embark on another daring kidnapping they were charged by a snarling creature, it resembled a man with a bull's head. Clai didn't stand a chance, it was on them before she could pull her axe from it's loop. It swung it's longsword high and cut deep into her left arm, severing it at the shoulder and leaving her to bleed out as her fellows drove it back into the wilds with whip, spear and bolt.
More than a century passed before the Minotaur came face-to-face with Thirol, now the slayer of many a man that would besiege the forest retreat her people called home. It saw the resemblance instantly, the relation unmistakable. It hefted it's longsword high and boasted loudly of it's kill. Describing it in vivid detail even as Thirol readied her ornate, wooden spear, sharpened to a supernatural edge by master craftsmen, and adjusted her beautiful oaken helmet, it's carvings giving it the appearance of animal fur and the horns of a stag.
The fight was long and neither combatant managed to land a blow before the Minotaur was caught off balance and his hand was crushed by an expert blow from the butt of Thirol's spear. As it fell to the ground she whipped the spear around and drove it through the Minotaur's right eye before he could even fall to the ground.
On the Minotaur's unmoving chest, amongst it's trophies, she spied a maple amulet. The amulet she had given Clai. She knelt beside the beast's corpse and wept for her daughter.

Wow, that went on for longer than expected. Guess how much I made up and how much was already awesome.

igorgitirana

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBiker
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 07:22:53 am »

Human zombie or immortal?

Sorry, I do not speak English well. T.T
Pages: [1] 2