Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.34.1] Witchcraft Mod (0.6 version) - magic, potions and crafting, Phoebus  (Read 39228 times)

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.3 version) - magic, potions and crafting
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2012, 12:29:13 am »

Gonna sift through these interaction to see what I can do for my Dragon Ball mod...

hell putman, i may not be a big Dragon ball fan but i may have to come check that out next time you update.

there is a shit ton of potential with this new system.
im beginning to get the feeling that vanilla is starting to lean towards a playable toolset for modders...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2012, 12:29:37 am »

Hey Deon, you looking for ideas for this mod, or do you have everything planned out/everything is going to be taken from games?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2012, 01:10:48 am »

There's a lot of syntax errors in the plant raws here; you've missed a number between the value for the physical attribute change and the START token.
The vampires just have it at 0.  I'm not sure what it actually does, but it's essential, apparently.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2012, 01:21:28 am »

Just noticed it, that's what you get when you are sleepy and mod at 5 AM. I will fix it in a moment.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2012, 01:26:16 am »

Bad idea: Adding the spells to an active civilization.
Worse idea: Attempting to embark with seven spellcasters.
Worst idea: Attempting to embark with seven spellcasters in a hostile area.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2012, 01:31:12 am »

Bad idea: Adding the spells to an active civilization.
Worse idea: Attempting to embark with seven spellcasters.
Worst idea: Attempting to embark with seven spellcasters in a hostile area.
Like embarking with all Obsidian dwarves in Deon's old version of Genesis bad?

How long did they last?

Also, Deon, you miss my post? I wanted to know if you're accepting ideas.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.1] Witcher Mod (0.4 version) - magic, potions and crafting
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2012, 01:32:22 am »

Of course I accept ideas as long as they are possible :).

0.4 is out. I've fixed the stats potions, also I've added an ability to sew/craft backpacks, quivers, flasks/waterskins, pouches and crutches. There's also now a blessing elixir and a water breathing elixir.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Feb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2012, 01:46:32 am »

Now if there's only a fire quenching spell, accidental fireblast/fireball and NPC/hostiles using them on you is insta-death

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2012, 01:55:18 am »

Alright, a few ideas if skill modification is possible:

Potion of Bronzeskin: Turns your skin into bronze, of course.
Potion of Ironskin: Turns your skin into iron, harder to make than bronzeskin, slows you down slightly.
Potion of Steelskin: Turns your skin into steel, even harder to make, slows you down even further.
Potion of Adamantskin: Turns your skin into Adamantine, extremely hard to make, raises Strength and Agility, but it is very short in duration compared to others.
Potion of Wrestle: Raises Wrestling through the roof, ruins any weapon skills.
Potion of Cowardice: Ruins all offensive skills, greatly raises Dodging, raises Agility.
Potion of Ignite: Makes you immune to fire, makes you emit fire. Immunity lasts twice as long as fire (so you don't kill yourself).
Potion of Badass: Raises Toughness, Armor, Regeneration, no pain, and makes your skin Steel. But ruins your agility and combat abilities.
Potion of Invisibility: Sets Sneak to max for a short time.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:57:16 am by Tarran »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2012, 02:14:13 am »

Legends mode doesn't like to play with your caste naming system.

Male man, female woman, etc.

It's not game-breaking, obviously, but it looks silly.

How long did they last?
I only got to see any of it because one of them was a fire immune caste.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 02:17:15 am by Jay »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2012, 02:24:37 am »

I want to add new secrets like eldritch secrets and assasin creeds (for wizards and assasins), but you will have to reduce the worldgen secrets to something like 3-6, otherwise you will get 20-40 types of necromantic secrets and nothing else. Will anyone bother doing so? I would like to include more variety :).

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2012, 02:49:35 am »

I don't think partial body transformations are possible at the moment right ? Things like turning your skin to another material, or adding tags like NightVision so you can have that Cat's potion from the witcher ?

I can't wait to see what you'll be able to pull out once/if they are :D Hunting hydras halfway around the world so you can take their liver, add powdered minotaur horn and turn it into a potion that makes your hands incredibly hot, or that let you grow claws.
Can interactions require a catalyzer or a fuel while applying a syndrome ? Something like blowing a sleep-inducing powder in the face of someone (theoretically possible with the mist attack) BUT it requires you to use one unit of sleep inducing powder ?

Or something like a "blinding powder" that would severely reduce the radius of sight of everyone nearby when you let the "bomb" go, including yourself. So you'd have to plan carefully how you'll escape because you'll be blind too.
Or maybe you could have drunk some sort of antidote before. Is it possible to have syndrome resistance and immunity as a syndrome ?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2012, 03:06:01 am »

You can make a consumable which grants you such ability for a short time. Also you can add tokens like extravision, but not any token (it's sad that you cannot add LIGHT_GEN or FLIER for some reason).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2012, 04:39:35 am »

Did you figure out what wrong with raise dead when they just kill each other and attack you?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 05:20:55 am »

I've noticed a problem with Witcher outsiders: There are only spears and knives allowed for skill allocation. Does anyone else have this problem?

Nevermind, human outsiders have the same thing. Must be intentional (from Toady) then.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 05:23:09 am by Tarran »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12