Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1041943 times)

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7155 on: February 05, 2014, 03:10:23 am »

You might want to have a look at the dfhack readme. Look for SPATTER_ADD or ADD_SPATTER (I always mix those up). I allows proper poisoning of ammo or blades.

Thanks. That saves me a ton of time.

I'm having a weird hiccup in my game. My profession names, which were working perfectly before, aren't working at all now. I tried moving them into the two castes - since I needed to do that eventually anyway - with no results. Any idea what could be causing it? (And if possible, does anyone know if Knife User has a profession tag? Is it just KNIFE_USER and MASTER_KNIFE_USER? It isn't listed as valid in the wiki).

Spoiler: Current Code (click to show/hide)

EDIT: They appear fine in the testing arena though... Not sure if that has anything to do with changing them to castes. Didn't check the arena since they stopped working, but previously I had them set for all castes and nothing was displaying even though they displayed fine before. Weapons made from my custom material are showing up fine too, but when I try to make them in the game they show up without the material in their name. What should be a "cursed pick" is just showing up as "pick."
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:46:32 am by Managrimm »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: February 05, 2014, 04:59:44 am »

Did you set the material names? [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:cursed] is what you need. Also, did you type the correct material ID in the reaction product?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: February 05, 2014, 08:10:21 am »

I had a legendary knife user in my fort, it was displayed as a wrestler . If there is a tag for this profession, I don't believe it will even display.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7158 on: February 05, 2014, 09:24:24 am »

there is no profession for it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:38 am »

Did you set the material names? [STATE_NAME:ALL_SOLID:cursed] is what you need. Also, did you type the correct material ID in the reaction product?

You actually want [STATE_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:cursed].

fortydayweekend

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: February 05, 2014, 03:10:58 pm »

Is there a way to increase dwarves' food consumption? (preferably the amount eaten each time, but the frequency would be ok)
The Sea Lamprey bites the Miner in the lower left back teeth and the severed part sails off in an arc!

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: February 05, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »

Okay, I fixed it. The problem was that the product wasn't being properly defined in the reaction. It seems to work fine now.

I'm still having a problem with my profession names though. They display fine when I summon the creatures in the Arena, but not when I start the actual game. They were working fine before so I don't know what I could have changed to cause this. :/

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: February 05, 2014, 04:13:31 pm »

are you genning a new world?

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:13 pm »

are you genning a new world?

Yes. I generate a new world every time I update the raws.

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: February 05, 2014, 11:54:55 pm »

What changes do I need to make to the raws to have generic meat, leather, wood, grass etc.?

Thanks in advance,

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:52 am »

Is there a way to specifically target the neck for size variations, without having to rework how bodies are structured? It currently uses [CATEGORY:SPINE], and I'm not sure I want to change that for fear of having to go through the dominoes of the rest of the creature raws fixing stuff.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Managrimm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: February 06, 2014, 01:49:15 am »

I see that there's no way to have an entity target itself with an interaction (such as a transformation) when it wants to attack an enemy. Has anyone discovered a workaround for this or any way to specify a necessary interaction condition that will only be met when the entity is attacking something?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7167 on: February 06, 2014, 04:12:53 am »

I see that there's no way to have an entity target itself with an interaction (such as a transformation) when it wants to attack an enemy. Has anyone discovered a workaround for this or any way to specify a necessary interaction condition that will only be met when the entity is attacking something?
Talk to Roses, he did some work on this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: February 06, 2014, 09:28:42 am »

There is the typical "pong" style interactions where you have an attack interaction that gives the enemy an attack interaction which does what you originally wanted. This suffers from a couple drawbacks, for one you need to make two interactions for each interaction you want, and you also can't control who the enemy ill use the interaction on (unless you restrict it so only a certain caste or creature has the "ability").

I have been working on a way to allow self-only (and also friendly only) attacks using DFHack (basically a "built-in" pong style where you use an interaction against an enemy, but DFHack applies it to you instead), but have had minimal luck. My current best method uses the reports to find the square of whomever used the attack interaction, and then finds the unit on the square. Some obvious problems with that are, multiple units on the same square, several reports happening at once and the wrong square being chosen, and units moving out of the square between the report and the check. Obviously these problems may even be worse than the normal "pong" interactions, although in a different way.

I am still trying to find a better way, you would think that DF would keep track of who used what interaction somehow (i.e. unit blah infected unit blah2 with syndrome x), but maybe it doesn't. Maybe that information is lost. I will keep trying to find something, though any advice/help is welcome.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: February 06, 2014, 01:18:21 pm »

What changes do I need to make to the raws to have generic meat, leather, wood, grass etc.?

Thanks in advance,

Hopefully this is understandable. It may help to poke around in the raws of mods that use standardized materials instead of trying to follow my advice though.

For animal products, you will have to create a new creature that will function as the template for all of the animal products such as skin, bones, meat, etc. Then go into the tissue templates to change the LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT entries to CREATURE_MAT: (your animal here)

You may also have to go into the reactions file to alter the soap/tallow/tanning reactions to change their outputs, or go into the materials file and change some of the material reaction products from LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT to CREATURE_MAT: (your animal here)

Plants are easier, as you don't have to toy around with tissues or detail plans to get it to work. Though I don't see a point to it other than to standardize rope reed and pig tail fibers, unless you want all plants to yield generic berries or be used to make no-named alcohol.
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 544