Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1041789 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #7050 on: January 18, 2014, 03:44:00 pm »

Okay, dumb question, but what is the size of an extract in a vial?

An extract is size 150, I believe.

I've got something I want to do for my norse mod, but it involves interactions, something I've not yet experimented with other than curses. Is it possible to make a creature that will ,preferably when wild though as a pet is also fine, use interactions to clean up messes like spilled blood and extracts?

I'm not too familiar with interactions myself, but looking at the wiki page it seems that the cleaning interactions can only clean creatures. But I may have missed something that says otherwise.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2012:Interaction_token

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7051 on: January 19, 2014, 10:29:41 am »

I feel a bit silly atm.

I am trying to make a chain of interactions, something very simple. It runs a script, and adds the ability to run the next interaction in the chain:

The creature can do this, to start:
Code: [Select]
  [CAN_DO_INTERACTION:ANNOUNCE1]
[CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:100]

[INTERACTION:ANNOUNCE1]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ANNOUNCE1]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:ALL]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:ANNOUNCE1]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:announce]
[SYN_CLASS:"The Overlord; I laugh at your feeble attempts at building a dungeon."]
[SYN_CLASS:COLOR_BROWN]

[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:100]
[CDI:INTERACTION:ANNOUNCE2]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:101:START:0]
It runs the commad "announce 'text' color", but it does not seem the add the next interaction. I also tried doing it the other way around, adding the interaction on top, and the command at the bottom, but I got the same result.

The reactions ANNOUNCE2 is a literal copy of the interaction ANNOUNCE, just with a number and a different text on it... and linking to ANNOUNCE3. And so on.

Can somebody spot the mistake? Or does SyndromeTrigger muck this up somehow, and I can have only the one syndrome with it?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 12:04:08 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: January 19, 2014, 02:11:44 pm »

You can add more than one I_EFFECT to an interaction.

I have no idea if this will work, but if it is SyndromeTrigger causing the problem it might.
[INTERACTION:ANNOUNCE1]
[I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ANNOUNCE1]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[IT_AFFECTED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:ALL]

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[SYN_CLASS:ANNOUNCE1]
[SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND]
[SYN_CLASS:announce]
[SYN_CLASS:"The Overlord; I laugh at your feeble attempts at building a dungeon."]
[SYN_CLASS:COLOR_BROWN]

[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:PROB:100:START:100]
[CDI:INTERACTION:ANNOUNCE2]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:A:1]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:1]
[CDI:FREE_ACTION]
[CE_SPEED_CHANGE:SPEED_PERC:101:START:0]
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: January 19, 2014, 02:39:34 pm »

Did you remember to change the IT_CANNOT_HAVE_SYNDROME_CLASS:ANNOUNCE1 to ANNOUNCE2? Because I am pretty sure I have had syndromes be added with syndromeTrigger.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7054 on: January 19, 2014, 02:54:56 pm »

I tried 3 different setups, and moved a lot of tags around. 30 genned worlds are the result. I will stop for now. Its a waste of time. Maybe tomorrow.

I just wanted the guy to make an announcement every now and then. I had 30 lines written, and he gives a random one, over the course of a few years.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7055 on: January 19, 2014, 08:07:57 pm »

Hi guys,
is it possible to make an interaction only affect a specific entity position?

Ie a self-targeting interaction or transformation that only affects a monarch for example.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:36:16 pm by TheOnlySolitaire »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: January 19, 2014, 08:46:02 pm »

Two questions: Does anybody know where the display case mod is at, or maybe any mods that have it? I think masterwork does.

Right now though, in my current game, I'm using the screw press as a display case and I got it to use a large gem artifact earlier, but how do I make it able to use any of the artifact crafts? or any artifact for that matter. I'm just not sure how to have it only need one thing, but can use lots of different items.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:52:40 pm by smjjames »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: January 19, 2014, 09:05:02 pm »

Hi guys,

Ie a self-targeting interaction or transformation that only affects a monarch for example.

In vanilla, not the way you are thinking of.

There is a roundabout way to do this, in a very inefficient manner: first, you make a specific caste in whatever creature you want it to affect that is rare.  Then, in the entity definition, change the monarch so that they can only come from that caste.  Have the transformation effect only that caste.

I say inefficient because it would result in it also affecting other members of that caste, but that's the price we modders pay...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: January 19, 2014, 09:07:50 pm »

Two questions: Does anybody know where the display case mod is at, or maybe any mods that have it? I think masterwork does.

Right now though, in my current game, I'm using the screw press as a display case and I got it to use a large gem artifact earlier, but how do I make it able to use any of the artifact crafts? or any artifact for that matter.

I think there are a few mods that use display cases or pedestals to hold items.

The problem is that (AFAIK) there is no way to restrict a building material to just artifacts, so you will have a large list of objects to look through when building it, sorted by distance away from the building.

Here's the one I have sitting around in my raws. No idea where I took it from, but it's been there for a while. You will need one block of any material and one glass box, in addition to the displayed item. I believe this display case looks like a nest box.
[BUILDING_WORKSHOP:DISPLAY_CASE]
[NAME:Display Case]
[NAME_COLOR:7:0:1]
[DIM:1:1]
[WORK_LOCATION:1:1]
[BUILD_LABOR:ARCHITECT]
[BUILD_KEY:CUSTOM_SHIFT_D]
[BLOCK:1:0]
[TILE:0:1:'#']
[COLOR:0:1:7:0:0]
[TILE:1:1:'#']
[COLOR:1:1:7:0:0]
[TILE:2:1:'#']
[COLOR:2:1:7:0:0]
[TILE:3:1:8]
[COLOR:3:1:7:0:0]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:BOX:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT][GLASS_MATERIAL]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]

To change it to only accept certain types of items instead of anything, replace [BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE] with something else. For example, [BUILD_ITEM:1:CRAFTS:NONE:NONE:NONE] should make it accept any crown, scepter, ring, earring, amulet, bracelet, or figurine. Gave CRAFTS and ANY_CRAFT a try, and neither worked.

Here's the list of item types on the wiki, if you need it.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 09:11:04 pm by BlackFlyme »

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: January 19, 2014, 09:17:57 pm »

Hi guys,

In vanilla, not the way you are thinking of.

There is a roundabout way to do this, in a very inefficient manner: first, you make a specific caste in whatever creature you want it to affect that is rare.  Then, in the entity definition, change the monarch so that they can only come from that caste.  Have the transformation effect only that caste.

I say inefficient because it would result in it also affecting other members of that caste, but that's the price we modders pay...

Thanks for the answer; you say 'in vanilla' - what about non-vanilla? Or were you referring to dfhack?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: January 19, 2014, 09:20:03 pm »

I don't know if it can be done in DFHack, that was a cue for Meph or Putnam or Deon or someone else to say about DFHack, which I'm not familiar with.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7061 on: January 20, 2014, 07:25:07 am »

I don't know if it can be done in DFHack, that was a cue for Meph or Putnam or Deon or someone else to say about DFHack, which I'm not familiar with.
Cue Meph: Nope. No syndromes specific for unique nobles.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:29 am »

There is always the route of manually altering a noble once they're in the position using custom reactions and materials. I remember when I tried an insect colony style race I made them able to change to the King and Queen castes using reactions.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #7063 on: January 20, 2014, 10:22:07 am »

Nobles have REJECTECT_CREATURE and ALLOWED_CREATURE tags in the entity raw, but they dont recognize transformations. If you have a caste:peasant and transform him into caste:king, he is still not allowed for the king noble, because the game still treats him as a transformed peasant. Thats even true when using TrueTransform with dfhack.  :-\

TheOnlySolitaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [BRAG_ON_KILL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: January 20, 2014, 10:38:44 am »

Nobles have REJECTECT_CREATURE and ALLOWED_CREATURE tags in the entity raw, but they dont recognize transformations. If you have a caste:peasant and transform him into caste:king, he is still not allowed for the king noble, because the game still treats him as a transformed peasant. Thats even true when using TrueTransform with dfhack.  :-\

ah that's a shame.
One hail-mary kind of question then - could I use transformations to change the caste, but use allowed_class/rejected_class on positions to restrict a creature's access to the position?
Or would the specified class not be transferred when the creature transforms caste?

For example allowing all creatures to the MONARCH position, but only allowing selected classes to be chosen as MONARCH. So a slave caste would not have the required class tag to allow it to enter a position, but it could still be selected by the interaction to transform it into a citizen caste, where it would now be eligible for the Monarch position, as the citizen class has class:leadership, for example.
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 544