Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043450 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1800 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:20 pm »

It still works for them though.

Trust me, I know :P I've been modding interactions since before interactions even came out :P

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #1801 on: June 05, 2012, 12:00:24 am »

Riddle me this, riddle me that, or however the fuck that goes.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:TEMPERED_STEEL_BARS]
[NAME:temper steel bars]
[BUILDING:SMELTER:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:STEEL]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:TEMPERED_STEEL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]
[FUEL]
[SKILL:SMELT]

The error log says it can't find TEMPERED_STEEL.
"*** Error(s) finalizing the reaction BRASS_MAKING
Unrecognized Inorganic Token: TEMPERED_STEEL
"

HOWEVER! In inorganic_metal there is this thing I've added:
[INORGANIC:TEMPERED_STEEL]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:METAL_TEMPLATE]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:ALL_SOLID:tempered steel]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:LIQUID:molten tempered steel]
[STATE_NAME_ADJ:GAS:boiling tempered steel]
[DISPLAY_COLOR:0:7:0]
[BUILD_COLOR:0:7:1]
[MATERIAL_VALUE:30]
[SPEC_HEAT:500]
[MELTING_POINT:12718]
[BOILING_POINT:14968]
[ITEMS_WEAPON][ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED][ITEMS_AMMO][ITEMS_DIGGER][ITEMS_ARMOR][ITEMS_ANVIL]
[ITEMS_HARD]
[ITEMS_METAL]
[ITEMS_BARRED]
[ITEMS_SCALED]
[SOLID_DENSITY:8150]
[LIQUID_DENSITY:7180]
[MOLAR_MASS:55845]
[IMPACT_YIELD:2005000]
[IMPACT_FRACTURE:3020000]
[IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:740]
[COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:2005000]
[COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:3020000]
[COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:740] 160
[TENSILE_YIELD:730000]
[TENSILE_FRACTURE:920000]
[TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:125] 200
[TORSION_YIELD:730000]
[TORSION_FRACTURE:920000]
[TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:115]
[SHEAR_YIELD:730000]
[SHEAR_FRACTURE:920000]
[SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:115] no data, used 200
[BENDING_YIELD:730000]
[BENDING_FRACTURE:920000]
[BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:115]
[MAX_EDGE:10000]
[STATE_COLOR:ALL_SOLID:BLACK]
which fits the need properly.

The exact issues I'm having are:
-I have to replace an existing reaction to get the tempered steel one to appear at all
-Forges can't craft anything from tempered steel, no matter what I try (also, I accidentally made my anvils go poof when I went to clear out copper - I gimped something up on melting an item and ended up with close to 2000 bars, so I vaporized copper, forgetting that my only anvils were copper, so now I can't even check at the moment)

What do? (I replaced brass smelting (ore) with the reaction to get it to show up)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 12:01:55 am by leafbarrett »
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: June 05, 2012, 12:44:10 am »

How to make a specific creature caste to always have a certain syndrome? Attach it to some material in their body?
This day going to be perfect!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: June 05, 2012, 12:52:26 am »

Make them excrete a material on one of their internal organs that gives it to them. Preferably with [SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE:CREATURE:CASTE] so it can only affect that caste. I don't know whether an excretion by an internal part will get all over the outside.

If you just want them to have a certain power/ ability, it would be much simpler to just give that caste [CAN_DO_INTERACTION]. You only need to give them a syndrome if you want disease symptoms such as bleeding, bruising, necrosis, paralysis, etc.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: June 05, 2012, 12:55:47 am »

Actualy, i wanna transform one of the castes of my creature, into the other creature, the moment they are born.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: June 05, 2012, 01:07:29 am »

Then you'll have to go with an excretion. Problem is, it won't work in legends mode. The transformation will only occur while in the currently loaded map. You'd have to reach their area in adventure mode or encounter them in fortress mode.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Morhem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: June 05, 2012, 01:38:29 am »

I put it in ere blood for the test, but its not seem to work. Here's what i did:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

UPD: [SECRETION] helped, and i transformed all my dwarfs into dogs. One of them still trying to catch some fish, but cant quite find his hands, to do so..
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:54:08 am by Morhem »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: June 05, 2012, 06:52:13 am »

Just a quick question about language raws;

Is there a way to restrict certain words to be used ONLY by specific races? I experimented with it a little bit, and currently think the answer is 'no', but I figured I'd ask anyways. I tested this by adding a new word, then placing that word into its own SYMBOL category. Then I made my dwarven entity 'SELECT_SYMBOL' that symbol. Even though no other race were set to select that symbol, they still ended up using that word for their names, towns, etc.

Edit: I added CULL_SYMBOL to all the other races, but night creatures and megabeasts still occasionally use the word.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 07:03:38 am by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: June 05, 2012, 12:25:39 pm »

I put it in ere blood for the test, but its not seem to work. Here's what i did:
*snip*
UPD: [SECRETION] helped, and i transformed all my dwarfs into dogs. One of them still trying to catch some fish, but cant quite find his hands, to do so..

... I'm sorry this is kinda off-topic, but what the HELL are you doing?? ._.

Also, anyone have a tutorial for modding in workshops?
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1809 on: June 05, 2012, 12:33:50 pm »

Acaully there is a utility called workshop workshop maker. Check the comunity mods and utilities page. It's very helpful

As for what Morhem is doing... I have no idea lol

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: June 05, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »

Would;
[BUILD_ITEM:1:GLOVES:METAL:ADAMANTINE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]Refer to adamantine gloves OR gauntlets as being a building requirement? If not, how would I do that?

And, I copy-pasted this from the soap maker's shop;
[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]Would this limit the construction material to only use stone?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:40:56 pm by abculatter_2 »
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: June 05, 2012, 04:45:18 pm »

Would;
[BUILD_ITEM:1:GLOVES:METAL:ADAMANTINE][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]Refer to adamantine gloves OR gauntlets as being a building requirement? If not, how would I do that?

And, I copy-pasted this from the soap maker's shop;
[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][BUILDMAT][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY][CAN_USE_ARTIFACT]Would this limit the construction material to only use stone?

1. GLOVES:NONE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE

2.Yes and logs, blocks, any raw building material. WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY just makes sure only non-economic rocks are used and not economic/reagent stones (like flux/ore) toggle that stuff in the "z"-> "stone" menu

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: June 05, 2012, 05:00:01 pm »

2.Yes and logs, blocks, any raw building material. WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY just makes sure only non-economic rocks are used and not economic/reagent stones (like flux/ore) toggle that stuff in the "z"-> "stone" menu

Hmmm... What if I wanted to limit it to only be stone, would I do STONE:NONE:NONE:NONE, or would STONE:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE also work? I would imagine there wouldn't be much difference...
Oh, and what if I wanted it to use only flux stone?

Also, what are each of those NONE1:NONE2:NONE3:NONE4 arguements require? I get that NONE1 requires an item token, and that the last two seem to define a specific material, but what about NONE2? Does it define a specific item?

Alsoalso, to activate a building in an entity file, what do I input into it, if anything? Also, is alchemy activated for dwarves by default?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: June 05, 2012, 05:08:12 pm »

[BUILD_ITEM:1:NONE1:NONE2:NONE3:NONE4]
NONE1 is item type, what you want if rough stones is what you want BOULDER/STONE will work make raw stones only able to be used
NONE2 is subtype, tools,armor,weapons,gloves use this ITEM_WEAPON_PICK
NONE3 is material/material category WATER or INORGANIC
NONE4 is material sub-cat. Normall used with INORGANIC but there is CREATURE_MAT, PLANT_MAT, which makes a NONE5 in which NONE5 is the old NONE4

Alchemy = no. but be activated maunally

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: June 06, 2012, 01:40:57 pm »

Continuing from my earlier (as of yet, unanswered) question, I'm getting lots of "Impoverished Word Selector" errors on worldgen now. In my custom race, I have four SELECT_SYMBOLs: Nature, Color, Magic, and the new SYMBOL I created which just contains 1 word. I suspect this may be the cause of the errors, but why? There are three full SYMBOL categories to pick names from, so I don't understand how it could be running out of random names.

Not to mention, I'm also using my Language Unlocked mod, which should give the RNG hundreds of thousands of new possibilities.

All I want is for this race to occasionally use this certain word when naming its people/settlements. It's looking increasingly like that's not possible, however. :/
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 544