Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1043602 times)

Raptor_a22

• Bay Watcher
  • [DERP]
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #1740 on: May 26, 2012, 03:55:04 am »

Ah, there was a typo in the object declaration. It's working now.
Raptor's CivMod, Mithril and Dark Elves and Alchemy, oh my!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where severe necrosis leading to exploding limbs is "awesome."

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 26, 2012, 01:50:49 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
TL;DR: space marine dwarves and zerg rushing zergs, how to?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: May 26, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »

Creatures turning into other creatures during combat situations can pretty much only be done with USAGE_HINT:FLEEING unfortunately.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 26, 2012, 01:58:35 pm »

oh... well, could the other things be done?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 26, 2012, 03:13:26 pm »

Oh, no, it could pretty much all be done. You could even have a playable zerg race where queens give birth to maggots that will turn into random zerg.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 26, 2012, 03:24:11 pm »

Please elaborate Putnam!
That was like putting a bone in front of a dog, or beer in front of a sober dwarf, or a fantastic device in front of a modder so define it please. I'm craving ingenuity right now.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 26, 2012, 03:54:24 pm »

Quote from: Meph
Ok. Only one of many tests proved to work.

You need to transform a NON-PET creature to a dwarf. Make a dwarven caste with low pop ratio, call it slave, give a few custom profession names and so on.

Make a creature that can be transformed. Easy.

Problem: The creature has to be friendly. How to get a friendly creature ? Buy it as a pet. Oh, wait a second.

The Solution: Make a pet creature. Has 3 castes. Male, Female and Slave. Male pop ratio is 1, female pop ratio is 1, slave pop ratio is 10000. Make male/female caste a pet. You can now buy a pet that only gives birth to NON-PET creatures. These still do no work though. Give the Slave-Caste creature that gets born a secretions with a transformation syndrome, that transforms them into a dwarf. Slave gets born, gets transformed into slave-caste dwarf. And DONE, you have a working slave. This is so far the only solution i found.

This can be done with zerg creatures just as easily.

To be exact, you could have the secretion do multiple transformation interactions, each more likely than the previous, each one being a frame apart:

5% ultralisk
15% queen
25% mutalisk
35% hydralisk
45% baneling
100% zergling

This will give a 55% chance of being a zergling, with the rest of the chances being a lot of probability crap.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 03:56:30 pm by Putnam »

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 26, 2012, 03:59:10 pm »

Wasn't there someone a while ago who said they couldn't get a transformed creature to transform a second time.
Meaning that creature A>creature B> creature C wouldn't work, it would have to go A>B>A with time, or some other solution>C.
I was hoping for a larval stage that could grow to a random caste, or something else inside that original entity.
EDIT: missed your edit. That would work for a creature that was born in it's entity though, right?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:01:23 pm by Revanchist »
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1748 on: May 26, 2012, 04:04:11 pm »

you can farther transform a creature after a transformation only if it is dead.

EDIT:
Surpised Meph posted that info Putnam but I don't know if that will work for the zerglings, unless you where playing as them

and the transformed pet will only do labors and drafting to the military is impossible unless they do something notable and become a HISTORAL figure
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:06:21 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 26, 2012, 04:05:41 pm »

Yes. You can transform creatures into creatures of the same caste.

The main problem with all this, though, is that it would require the POP_RATIO of all the castes but the maggot to be exceedingly low, which would cause problems in worldgen.

I think a better way to go about it would be to have all the castes have something like "grub" or "maggot" as their child name.

you can farther transform a creature after a transformation only if it is dead.
The important part is that the first few transformations don't actually transform. In fact, the method I posted relies on the fact that transformations don't stack.

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 26, 2012, 04:13:37 pm »

I guess my personal special will have to wait, and I just compensate for it until the system becomes more lenient or computer-useable.

NotErich

• Bay Watcher
  • The Judge of Paradise
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 26, 2012, 09:16:52 pm »

How would I  designate sand as a reagent? If [POWDER_MISC:NONE:<MATERIAL>:NONE], what is the material?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 26, 2012, 09:57:55 pm »

You can do about 2 different ways:
   [REAGENT:sand:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:SAND_TAN]
   [REAGENT:sand container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:sand]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]
or
   [REAGENT:sand:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:SAND]
   [REAGENT:sand container:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
      [CONTAINS:sand]
      [PRESERVE_REAGENT]
      [DOES_NOT_DETERMINE_PRODUCT_AMOUNT]

with number 2. [REACTION_CLASS:SAND] has to be added to all INORGANICs with [SOIL_SAND]

1. targets a spacific type of sand
2. targets all materials that are Classed as SAND

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 26, 2012, 10:00:35 pm »

Does anyone remember the way to have a creature continue growing indefinitely(until death)? I seem to have forgotten the tag.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 26, 2012, 10:06:51 pm »

[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
      [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
                          [APP_MOD_RATE:10:DAILY:0:1000000:0:0:NO_END]
   [BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:75:95:98:100:102:105:125]
      [APP_MOD_IMPORTANCE:500]
                          [APP_MOD_RATE:10:DAILY:0:1000000:0:0:NO_END]

is my guess

EDIT:
Wiki

APP_MOD_RATE
Rate (integer)
Scale (DAILY, YEARLY)
min:max of growth
start year:start day
end year:end day
 setting the growth rate of the modifier. The last two tokens can be replaced by NO_END to have growth continue indefinitely. 
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 544