Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: "Something" is killing my Demons!!!  (Read 7304 times)

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
Re: "Something" is killing my Demons!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 07:42:00 am »

Hmm. Does that mean when you first breach hell it is just some sort of magic tragic that pushes them up into your breach? I mean they do "fly" up through space, but perhaps not actually flying?

Also Aussie.  You have seen them? Why are all the dead listed as Zombies? Or do they become zombies shortly before dying?
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 07:44:34 am »

They don't fly up the breach (well, unless they can fly of course), they climb up using whatever stairs/ramps you set down for the poor miner that made the actual breach into Hell.

As for the Zombie thing, I have no idea.  Demons just die like any other creature when you kill them and register as dead.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 09:23:39 am »

Did not read through entire thread but is it possible this is not just a simple case of suicidal dust attacks?
You know the kind of omnidirectional dustsplosions that will harm the source creature as much as anything nearby.
You don't even need to be susceptible to the syndrome itself, I've seen plenty of cases of these dust explosions tearing apart brains through sheer force.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 11:19:38 am »

Opened up a save, nice digging.
Could you be more informative on how did you seal them? The pipes have a connection to your fort, to third cave and to magma sea through some floored channels. If at the moment of breach you were like 'flee the mines!' and blocked path somewhere up they could try to path through magma sea to the cavern (btw, it's glitched and is flooding with magma) but weren't fire safe.
Other than that, I guess they went emo because you've locked them away.
And yes they're all named as zombie someone, which means they wouldn't even need a lot of dust attacks to kill them. Were they the same when you've first seen them?
p.s. I've never heard about non-flying demons of Ausie since they always need to rise through empty tube from below.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Crossroads Inc.

• Bay Watcher
  • Joined in the great Migration of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 11:57:52 am »

When I first breached I do not remember seeing them rise up.

If Zombies are easier to kill, my guess is I never saw any because they are all dead or dying and could not rise with the others.

If you look on the lower floors where  I have my Forges, you will find I just floored over the inital breach. 
It is actually wierd, usually you get 'pure" candy above the magma layers, but the cavity opens up as you go down. This one had an open cavity all the way up to the lower Sub level.

And yeah the magma pool will be a bitch.  At first I thought it was just erupting, but then noticed One whole section is mising and it is just leaking out. I have that level sealed however, so even the whole sub level floods, it won't spread to the fort.

Did you use Reveal Btw? Would love some screen shots of some of the levels if possible :P
Ask not what the Dwarfs can do for you...
But ask.... why are they drunk all the time?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 12:23:56 pm »

I remember reading somewhere that the demons can't be killed by magma.

Looked that up one time when a goblin 'king' looked a bit strange and could breath fire. I decided to magmafy it since it was walking past a lot of traps like they were not there. It was, unfortunately, standing on the bridge that protected said traps, so I only managed to destroy a lot of traps, which sent the master mechanic almost into a tantrum. It is now a permanent visitor in that part of my fort and I had to dig a new entrance.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 2 [3]