Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42

Author Topic: Politibastard - Game Over! Conservative Win the Battle! (Lose the War) Toen win!  (Read 101606 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I asked NativeForeigner if he was still interested. He said no.

Also, bluuuuh. Only halfway done with writing role flavours. :/ I might have to go to bed before I finish this. If this seriously goes another day without starting, I apologise SO much. At least some of you will have roles tonight, though, which is good I guess?

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile

Maybe you'd prefer to make sure you have a full game before sending roles out? Also, since it has been a while, it'd be nice to make sure those who signed up are still up for it. Some I think haven't posted in a while (like Mii and McNoble).
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Woop, hah, updated the player list but not the title count. My bad. We are full up, actually.

The second point is a good note - I'll send a reminder tonight, send the roles tomorrow, that should give me enough time to finish the flavour.

Mii

• Bay Watcher
  • c'est la vie.
    • View Profile

Some I think haven't posted in a while (like Mii and McNoble).

That has to do with the fact that the game hasn't started yet.
"A normal person looks at ♠§dg and sees gibberish, but the Dwarf Fortress initiate sees a tense tableau: a dog leashed to a tree, about to be mauled by a goblin."

- The Brilliance of Dwarf Fortress

Urist McUselessNoble

• Bay Watcher
  • Interrupted by Giant Cave Spider
    • View Profile

Ditto. It is considered uncouth to post in games in which one does not participate, and my fortresses have been sorely lacking in awesome stories for the Dwarf Fortress forum lately.
"Among the many models of the good society no one has urged the squirrel wheel" - J.K. Galbraith, The Affluent Society

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, not a problem, just wanted to make sure we didn't have any other drops what with the late start. Glad to say I've gotten a response for everyone, so we should be on schedule to begin tonight.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roles are being sent out now.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you need any rule Clarifications, feel free to ask in thread for general rules and via PM for specific rules.

Day 1 - The Straw Poll
Something terrible has happened. The candidates gather around as the vicious ad plays on the TV. It reveals horrible, horrible secrets about one of their own... poor, poor Ellen. How the hell did they get pictures of her with all those Malaysian prostitutes? How the hell did she FIND that many Malaysian prostitutes, especially in Iowa? And... oh my. You stand enraptured, watching the scene play out. It certainly stirs debate, but her chances of winning the nomination are now non-existent. Her support is gone. Her money is dried up.

And the message at the end... "This is what TRUE conservatism looks like! Vote liberal!"

You have been infiltrated. This is a closed TV system, only playing party advertisements. Someone must have pulled a lot of strings to get this shown here - though reports were already coming in that it had hit the Internet as well.

As you each retire to your rooms, you receive word that something unthinkable has happened - not only has the party been infiltrated, at a very high level, but the advert could only have been added to the lineup by someone with an official Nominee Advertisement Key.

One of you - perhaps even more than one of you - is a traitor. A traitor who's shown they are not going to pull any punches.

There's only one thing you can do - uncover him, and force him out the race before he can do any more damage.

God be with.

Today is the day of the Straw Poll! In addition to voting in red for the those you wish to launch attack ads against (remember, anyone with more than half the number of vote-ing capable players will be eliminated), you can also vote in green for those you wish to see win the Straw Poll. This player will become the Frontrunner - they will be guaranteed to survive the night, will gain the ability to shift an additional issue during the night, and will be allowed to moderate the debates tomorrow.

Now... Game on!

Day ends in roughly 48 hours. To be generous, I've granted you a single extension - for the entire game. It, also, will last 48 hours. Use it wisely.

Public Opinion:
Social: Moderate
Religious: Moderate
Economic: Moderate
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 03:18:46 pm by GlyphGryph »

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Politibastard: A Quickish Mafia - Day 1: The Straw Poll
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

Toonyman: are you a true American and accept Intelligent Design, or a liberal commie who believes in the theory of Evolution? If you were scum, who would you kill tonight?

DariushUristMcNoble: are you a true American and accept Intelligent Falling, or a liberal commie who believes in the theory of Gravity? If you were town and had a night kill, would you use it tonight? On whom? Why?

Pranz: would you bomb Iran now, or wait until Israel bombs it first? Do you think Ellen was framed, or were her faults true? Also, give me a reason to unvote you.

Toaster: Say your third wife was diagnosed with a deadly illness. Would you stay the course and leave her for your young aide? Or would you flip-flop and stay with her, just banging your aide on the side? Were you banging Ellen?Also, are you a miller?

UristMcNoble: Decorated soldier returns from the field. Openly admits he's gay, and wants to marry his equally homosexual boyfriend. Do you applaud the solider or boo the homo? He wants his ceremony performed by an imam, does this change your answer? Who from the four above would you prefer as a scum partner?

Also: Bookthras.

Gods, I'm going to love this game...  8-)

PS: [OOC: no actual intention to offend anyone here, merely playing by the game's setup and flavour, which is gonna be fun! ...please keep it in-character, and don't take it too seriously!]
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »

Pranz: would you bomb Iran now, or wait until Israel bombs it first? Do you think Ellen was framed, or were her faults true? Also, give me a reason to unvote you.

Ellen may or may not be framed, but putting yourself in a position that makes it possible is unforgiveable. As to why you shouldn't vote me, i believe we may have a bright future together as partners judging by first impression.

Tiruin: Do you think, just by reading this first post that I'm mafia? Y/N
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2012, 09:33:48 pm »

To clarify, for those who asked:
All players get a single night action. (This includes individual mafia). If you have more than one ability that can be used at night, you can only choose one. Offer only valid for a limited. Terms and conditions apply.

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

Ellen may or may not be framed, but putting yourself in a position that makes it possible is unforgiveable. As to why you shouldn't vote me, i believe we may have a bright future together as partners judging by first impression.

a) Partners? You presume too much. My time to choose a running mate is not until I secure the nomination, not that I agree that you'd be adequate, as you may be a RINO trying to buddy up to a true 'merkin like me. When the time comes, I'd first choose an airhead chewed-up bimbo from Alaska rather than you!

b) You didn't answer the question about Iran, please answer it; and you reason for me to unvote you is insufficient. My vote stays until you give me a better one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2012, 09:58:04 pm »

Toonyman: are you a true American and accept Intelligent Design, or a liberal commie who believes in the theory of Evolution? If you were scum, who would you kill tonight?
Of course BOOKTHRAS, everything science does is magic and does not require explanations.
If I were vile liberal scum I would kill PRANZ for not having enough red.

I vote TOONYMAN because he is the best leader clearly.

ANDREW425, why is your name Andrew?!  Is it a trick to deceive our great and proud and great COUNTRY?
And MII, WHAT IS YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE IDEA OF FREEDOM??

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2012, 10:04:15 pm »

Bookthras:  God will provide.  I will stay true to her till God heals her or takes her home.  I haven't touched Ellen.  I am, in fact, not a miller.  Are you?

Everyone:  If you're a miller, you should say so.

Mii:  I haven't played with you before.  Anything I should know about you?  If you were scum, and your scum buddy dropped a serious scum slip that no one else seemed to notice, would you call him out on it?

Dariush: Do you think not being American will have an adverse effect on you identifying with the flavor of the game?    When do you think the best time to use the single extension will be?

ToonyMan:  How will multiple votes affect your ability to tunnel?

Moderator:  If no one has more than half votes at day end but someone has more than any other, who will be lynched?  Is the current state of the issues known?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »

a) Partners? You presume too much. My time to choose a running mate is not until I secure the nomination, not that I agree that you'd be adequate, as you may be a RINO trying to buddy up to a true 'merkin like me. When the time comes, I'd first choose an airhead chewed-up bimbo from Alaska rather than you!

b) You didn't answer the question about Iran, please answer it; and you reason for me to unvote you is insufficient. My vote stays until you give me a better one.

This time it's personal bookthras.
It's clear that one of us must die to let the other live in freedom. Oh and i would bomb the shit out of iran.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 42