Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Prioritizing food stockpiles  (Read 544 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Prioritizing food stockpiles
« on: February 07, 2012, 06:26:26 am »

So I built a watch tower in front of my main entrance, and I made a Barracks inside it. I want the soldiers to be there day and night, so I want to have a food and drink supply there. So my question is how can I tell my dwarves to fill those stockpiles? They just take the food to the closest possible stockpile by default, so they would only bring it to the one in the tower if the one at home is already full.

rhesusmacabre

• Bay Watcher
  • UNDEAD-CANNOT BE ATTACKED
    • View Profile
Re: Prioritizing food stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:33:56 am »

You can designate a stockpile to "take" from another. Press q, move your cursor over the stockpile, press t and select the source stockpile.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 06:53:22 am »

You can designate a stockpile to "take" from another. Press q, move your cursor over the stockpile, press t and select the source stockpile.

From this, note that this will repeat until the stockpile that is 'taking' from the original stockpile will keep at it until it is full. Make sure your stockpile is small enough, or you have your Soldiers equipped with backpacks/waterskins to lessen break/eat time.

Though, having them eat at a dining hall increases morale and happiness, a waterskin should always be on hand if no backpack.

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 07:39:15 am »

Thanks for the help!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 07:44:21 am »