Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Humanity -Runes of an evil nature are still evil  (Read 34145 times)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
Re: Humanity. -Whats a murder?
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2012, 08:34:08 pm »

Let's not go about faking things, that could land us in serious trouble.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2012, 11:02:44 pm »

Let's not go about faking things, that could land us in serious trouble.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2012, 11:14:55 pm »

Agreed with not faking, but we should still check out the body, and figure out what happened. Might tell us who the old man is, or at least if he's actually insane or not.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #138 on: February 16, 2012, 11:29:14 pm »

Agreed with not faking, but we should still check out the body, and figure out what happened. Might tell us who the old man is, or at least if he's actually insane or not.
agreed

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2012, 08:12:50 am »

agreed
dittoed. Also, ask the Others of what they saw afterwards, matching what they say to what you noticed. then give your conclusion. Phoenix Wright style.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Humanity. -Not looking too good
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »

The other members of your group decide to stay back, but you go in. As you get closer to the scene you notice that no crowds or anything of the sort have formed. Dock workers simply keep working, and dont even seem to notice it. Only the guards are there. The old man is kicking up a lot of fuss, and the guards are busy with him, so you decide to take a closer look at the body. The corpse seems like an average sailor, mildly heavy build, the usual crappy clothes. The only thing differentiating it is the dagger in its back, splitting the spine at a place slightly lower than where the neck meets the body. The blood is of the usual coloration, and the dagger seems like an ordinary iron one, doesnt seem magical in any way. By now the guards have gotten a handle on things, and simply treat you as a curious onlooker, and not as a looter, so you dont dare to check the corpses pockets. They dont shush you off yet.

However, the corpse just seems a bit...off. Not off in the sense that it looks weird, but that it feels weird. Its not a demon, because a demon wouldnt go down so easily, but... . The feeling is somewhat akin to how a wizard can identify and "feel" wards and spells, but somehow to the side, just barely out of sight. And its a bit disconcerting. You arent even sure you want to look at it, almost as if it would catch you if you did. The old man is not completely crazy it seems, unless you have gone crazy too. But you have absolutely no proof of anything. You highly doubt the guards could sense what you do.

By this point, the guards have become slightly annoyed at the random person staring at the corpse, and drive you off. The guards seem to be packing things up here, and taking the body with them. As far as the know, the corpse must be buried, and the culprits have been caught. A crime caught most easily. You decide to just ask one of the guards what happened, and he just tells you. No reason not to.

Apparently a guard was patrolling at the docks, making sure that not thieves were attempting to get hold of the precious cargo that the ships carried, picked up and deposited. He patrolled, until he noticed the scholar and the sailor talking to each other. They were both perfectly calm for a while, until suddenly sailor became agitated over something the scholar said. And then suddenly to old man comes out of nowhere with a dagger and stabs the sailor in the back. A pretty clear cut case. Murdered by two co-operating people. The reason doesnt really matter.

The guards then start dragging the body and their prisoners away. If you wanted to prove anything, you would need to get an even closer look at the body, but even that is not guaranteed to prove anything, unless you know something that would react to what you felt. The corpse will most likely be left somewhere before burial, and his belonging put somewhere else. The scholar and old man will be imprisoned immediately. You have numerous possibilities, from breaking them out of jail, to somehow getting access to the body officially, and proving what you felt. There is also the possibility of just leaving them there, but the old man was your responsibility, and you will surely be blamed for his actions and kicked out of the group.

So, what do you do?

May I suggest you first agree on a general course of action, and then what you are actually gonna do? And dont have to outright state an action. This is pretty important, and not something you can just breeze through, so feel free to just discuss.

Name: Obek Vandel
Physical might: 3(+2 equipment)
Mental might: 2.5(+1 experience)
Part of group: 8 members
                   4 scholars 3 PM 1.5 MM [Captured]
                   2 soldiers 4 PM 1 MM
                   Paul 3 PM 4 MM
                   Old man 1 PM ? MM [Captured]
Sources of info: Demons: ? human book
                      Sciences: Decent human book
                      Cooking: Decent human book
                      Military: ? human book
                      Special: Notes
Special weapons: Poison smoke bomb (3)
Resources: Lots of coins
                Bomb making supplies
Quest: Search for Grimbane
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 02:08:05 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2012, 02:45:34 pm »

Have one of the other scholars use their knowledge to determine what the feeling is. You'll probably have to see the body again, hopefully through legal channels. There isn't much you can do for the captured scholar and the old man right now. The least you can do is investigate.

One option is to call a formal investigation, and to participate in it as an investigator (with guards watching you). To do this you would have to claim the two as your responsibility, which means you might be arrested/fined if it was actually murder. You'll get a lot more information by formalizing the investigation. It would help you get information from the scholar and the old man, as well as grant you official access to the body.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2012, 05:09:59 pm »

Have one of the other scholars use their knowledge to determine what the feeling is.
Its like an eldritch horror in the corner of your eye.

/shameless bump onto first page

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2012, 08:42:43 pm »

This is a rather heavy action that we have to make. We may not have to detail it, but it still is a hard decision.

I say that we formalize the investigation, and get involved. We either get a bad reputation by leaving them, or risk going to jail by helping. The plus side to getting involved is that we know the old man attacked for a reason (odd sensation), and if we can prove it we can walk away without anything negative happening. Hell, we might even get more fame if we succeed.

Get as involved as possible.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2012, 02:06:22 am »

This is a rather heavy action that we have to make. We may not have to detail it, but it still is a hard decision.

I say that we formalize the investigation, and get involved. We either get a bad reputation by leaving them, or risk going to jail by helping. The plus side to getting involved is that we know the old man attacked for a reason (odd sensation), and if we can prove it we can walk away without anything negative happening. Hell, we might even get more fame if we succeed.

+1 cause I don't see anything else that might make sense. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2012, 02:53:51 am »

+2

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2012, 08:34:42 am »

Curse you sig limit!!!!!!

+2
+3
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2012, 08:59:34 am »

+2
+3
+4

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:22 am »

+2
+3
+4
+ Bandwagon

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2012, 09:24:20 am »

+2
+3
+4
+ Bandwagon
+6
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13