Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22

Author Topic: Divinity. - Dreams Invaded: 2  (Read 57884 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity. - Necromancers Deposed: 2
« Reply #180 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:32 pm »

Hmph.

Make a consensus, then. I won't argue in favour of FULL WORSHIP US MODE if only to hasten the next update which reveals your folly.

Yes. Make a consensus, people!
Long Live United Forenia!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #181 on: February 14, 2012, 08:54:05 pm »

And remember, Not in our name! This cult is to combat and diminish evil, not to empower us.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2012, 06:39:22 am »

Mmph, I'm not leaving this to go stale and stagnant  >:(

Quote from: Probably the Consensus
- The town becomes self governing.  Marrham is the new lord and the town trains its own militia for its own uses.  A small tithe of resources is provided in your honour. [0 BC]
- You study the idol for whatever purpose before destroying or sealing it. [-1 BC]

* You rededicate the temple to the gods, but start a cult in your name amongst those who wish to worship you.  [-1(?) BC]
Quote from: The 'Cult'
Candle in the Dark

- Does not worship us, directly.

- Organized in a non-hierarchical fashion; No member has any greater status than that granted by the respect of their peers.

- Prime commandment is to be good; even in the most desperate situations - so as to be a metaphorical "candle in the dark".

- Heavy emphasis on self-improvement; Followers engage in meditation, learning, and physical discipline in order to be the best they can spiritually, mentally, and physically. Especially important are teachings on how to recognize and resist evil.

- Seeks primarily to keep hope alive in lands shrouded in evil, and to combat that evil where it can.

- Members devote their lives to the cause of good, but decide for themselves what that means.

- Publicly execute Sir Braithe.  [+1 BC]
- You rededicate the resources from your mines to improving and rebuilding Ferrun.  [+1 BC]

- You make other demands of the town.  -? BC.  Whatever you want to try.
= You will remain in Ferrun and help to rebuild; all your (available) resources will be spent on rebuilding/reinforcing for now. [+1? BC]

* Also, offer your other prisoners a choice: Life of servitude, or public execution, Braithe style.
* We bless some of the farms around Ferrun [+ ? BC]
* Blessings, attending services to the gods...  [+? BC.]
* Recruit the mercenaries. [?? BC]

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 16, 2012, 08:08:27 am »

Publicly execute him while he begs the gods for mercy in the afterlife? Then destroy his soul in the most flashy way possible?
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 16, 2012, 12:44:34 pm »

Sorry guys, it's performance fortnight at school, so I'm pulling 14 hour days and having a distinct shortage of both time and energy when I get back a'night.  Hopefully I'll get an update going tonight; first performance this evening but hopefully I won't be completely knackered when I get back.  =B

tl;dr - Performing, no time to do updates lately, haven't abandoned thread.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 16, 2012, 06:07:27 pm »

Take your time Iituem, it's not like the current world would fall apart just yet.  ;)

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2012, 02:02:32 am »

And remember, Not in our name! This cult is to combat and diminish evil, not to empower us.

What's the point of making a cult if it doesn't empower us? Why can't we just place ourselves into the pantheon as a minor divinity?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 17, 2012, 08:19:25 am »

What's the point of making a cult if it doesn't empower us? Why can't we just place ourselves into the pantheon as a minor divinity?

We could play off both sides. A deity that brought herself down to servitude of another god for a just purpose.
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #188 on: February 17, 2012, 08:24:41 am »

To combat and diminish evil. The cult should spread out and establish a power base we can rely on - this way, when we arrive at a new town, we'll have  already there. It will also serve to combat some of the lesser forms of evil, keeping people virtuous and decreasing the power of evil wherever it's found. And we can't have them worship us because that would be arrogant and foolish - not becoming of an angel.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 17, 2012, 09:37:06 am »

To combat and diminish evil. The cult should spread out and establish a power base we can rely on - this way, when we arrive at a new town, we'll have  already there. It will also serve to combat some of the lesser forms of evil, keeping people virtuous and decreasing the power of evil wherever it's found. And we can't have them worship us because that would be arrogant and foolish - not becoming of an angel.

We will need the power eventually. You save yourself first so that you may save others later. A dead man can not teach a live one how to fish.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #190 on: February 17, 2012, 09:39:58 am »

The support should help us plenty, and they need good more than they need us.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 17, 2012, 11:00:53 am »

The support should help us plenty, and they need good more than they need us.

*Blue eye flames* We are good

Angle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #192 on: February 17, 2012, 12:35:58 pm »

And good doesn't act like that.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 17, 2012, 12:46:36 pm »

Why not? The ends justify the means. We can't help these people without power.
And despite your naive beliefs, it doesn't look like they can help themselves- they got steamrolled by necromancers pretty quickly.
Long Live United Forenia!

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 17, 2012, 01:15:14 pm »

Why not? The ends justify the means. We can't help these people without power.
And despite your naive beliefs, it doesn't look like they can help themselves- they got steamrolled by necromancers pretty quickly.
*nodds furiously and repeats the fish thing*

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 22