Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothing lying around on the floor. NOT OWNED.  (Read 860 times)

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothing lying around on the floor. NOT OWNED.
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:03:35 pm »

I only found answers about clothing that is owned, but for me, random pieces of clothing are just lying around in public areas even though there is free storage place for finished goods. Can someone please enlighten me?

Also some dwarf corpses aren't hauled to coffins even though there are empty ones in the crypt (and are enabled for burial)

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:05:15 pm by Szkeptik »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing lying around on the floor. NOT OWNED.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 12:15:00 pm »

Do the clothes belong to invaders perhaps?  Or forbidden for some other reason?  Try claiming them and see if anything happens.

As for the corpses, maybe no dwarf has gotten around to it yet?  After I had a massive die off once, it took them months to get all of the bodies buried, to the point that they began to decay first.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Szkeptik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 12:30:59 pm »

I think the clothes actually belonged to dead dwarfs. They buried the body and the clothes were left there. A designated them to be dumped but that didn't help. Also the corpses left behind are now skeletons.

But claiming the clothes helped. there are clothes that show up in blue. Those remain untouched.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:35:36 pm »

clothes from dead people are standard forbidden so your dwarfs won't rush out during the ambush to pick up some socks someone lost
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.