Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Game-breakingly bugged item!  (Read 790 times)

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
Re: Game-breakingly bugged item!
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 04:05:00 am »

Hi!

Well, the gamelog in the main directory is being used continuously, but I don't think that that would cause any harm (it is probably write-only).

However, there is one peculiarity I noticed.

After playing a few fortresses learning the game, I decided to make a fresh start and deleted the entire save directory.

The I created a new world and started my current fortress "Claspglides" there. I noticed that there are engravings of the artifact type (dwarf with object. Dwarf raises object), which describe artifacts that have not been created in "Claspglides"! The fortress is still being developed in fortress mode, so I don't know what the detailed description from adventure mode would be, but I think this may some data fragments remaining from the first set of fortresses.

Still, I haven't had any crashes or serious bugs, neither in the previous fortresses, nor in "Claspglides", which has reached year 1061.

Deathworks

Shadow

Re: Game-breakingly bugged item!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 08:13:00 am »

The Fortress mode is, I believe, much more stable than the Adventure one, so bugs (especially serious ones) are less likely to come up.
Pages: 1 [2]