Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash On Load  (Read 593 times)

Kane Minehunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Crash On Load
« on: January 17, 2012, 02:19:36 am »

Hello people, just this morning I have attempted to load up my new Fortress from last night; however, everytime I try to it either says DF has encountred a error and it closes, or it just freezes and I need to end task from task mangager. Any help on this would be useful. Thanks!

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Re: Crash On Load
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 09:44:04 am »

Was it working before?  If so, you might have a corrupted save file.  If so, sadly there is nothing to be done but start a new fort.

Try genning a new world and starting a new fort in it.  If you can do this successfully, then your other save is almost certainly corrupt and causing the problems.

Have you done any mods to the base game?  If so, try extracting it from the zip again and copying your old save file over and see if that makes any difference.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Kane Minehunter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:33:04 am »

I have not modded the game before, however I think it has somthing to do with my computer. On my last computer this never used to happen; but on this one DF seems to close when I load and at random points when I'm playing. I'll re-download DF and try that. Thanks for the reply

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 01:01:15 pm »

Try looking into the errorlog.txt in the DF folder.