Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Trading with artifacts... Where are my artifacts?!  (Read 1675 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Trading with artifacts... Where are my artifacts?!
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2012, 06:56:31 pm »

Yes, the dwarves love to crank out useless crap.  The latest artifact that got made in my fort was a freakin' mini-forge.  That got dumped in the artifact stockpile meant to hold useless crap. 

Can these artifacts be looted in adventure mode and then later sold by said adventurer?

Unless you use them as a construction item, nope.

Why do you say that?  Allegedly, every artifact built at the fortress will remain at the site and can potantially be found if you abandon and then visit the site in adventure mode.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 07:09:54 pm »

Not quite, some just disappear ;d

Even looking for them in the stock section turns up nothing. The only 100% guarantee if it's in a building.

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 06:07:38 am »

Bah, that makes them even more useless.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2012, 02:39:19 pm »

Oh, yeah that sucks. Also I don't want to fully convert my DF to any mods so far. I just tinkered around in the raws for some things I dislike (like fish scarcity, removed the exotic tags for pets, and added shells to ducks, since they don't yield meat or bones, I hold some just for shells in case of moods). I'll probably take a look in the raws for kobolds and see if I can make them survive^^ Any ideas how I can make them live longer? Why do they starve?
The problem is simply that since kobolds don't farm they can't steal enough food in order to survive. This can be remedied simply by adding [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK] to the kobold raws, or I believe by adding farming to them. But the no_ option is generally easier.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 09:33:24 pm »

Nope. Use the display case mod, or throw them in magma. The magma won't destroy them, artifacts are bloody invincible.
Do you mean magma-safe and building-destroyer-safe wooden floodgates and doors? That sounds cool!

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 09:40:37 pm »

In the unmodded game, you will almost never see kobolds, as they all starve in year 4.
My current game is a world of 125 years history with some 'camps' owned by kobolds, less than 10 in each camp, seen in 'region1-world_sites_and_pops.txt' after generating the world. Can I see kobolds in my fortress?
Pages: 1 [2]