Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming  (Read 40999 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: The Real Real plot: HSQ
« Reply #465 on: November 27, 2011, 05:54:32 pm »

Wait wait wait
You mean I missed the shopping session? Goddammit.
No, you missed the plot session where I said to do all shopping in the thread.

And you guys will get some actual gold soon, as I've been lax in that loot department, to say the least.

Starting gold is 10k.

Theoboldi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2011, 11:33:32 am »

Well, time to do some last-minute shopping. I buy a bag of holding Type I for 2500g. Also, can we sell that mountain plate yet?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 02, 2011, 03:38:04 pm »

Well, time to do some last-minute shopping. I buy a bag of holding Type I for 2500g. Also, can we sell that mountain plate yet?
Yes, you could (for half market price, though with diplomacy you could hypothetically raise that some)
And there isn't a session tonight, considering I'm going to be gone at least until about midnight local time, probably later.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 02, 2011, 05:43:09 pm »

And there isn't a session tonight, considering I'm going to be gone at least until about midnight local time, probably later.

Oh goody! I don't actually miss a session, then.

Oh I mean um
Gee, that's too bad for the rest of you...
(that second try didn't come out much better)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:09:34 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 03, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »

I'm not sure how much longer I can run this. I'll do my best to keep it going, but DM work is draining, and I've got a lot of stuff between now and the end of the year. My sleep time is in decline, and I'm having trouble being motivated enough to do this.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 03, 2011, 10:56:24 pm »

Maybe you should take a month off to let your inspiration(and sleep) catch up...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead
« Reply #471 on: December 09, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »

It's now official that this game is dead. I've learned a lot from it, and I've had some fun, but I'm going to have a long period where I won't be able to run it. Also, I'm a bad storyteller.

If I return to the DMing world, I would run a campaign set in the City of Infinite Plot Hooks.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 09, 2011, 07:16:20 pm »

Do you want me to pull out my illuminati cards and generate some conspiracies?
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 09, 2011, 10:19:26 pm »

Aww man :(
Oh well, thanks for the games anyway.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5: Alternative Energy: Dead but Dreaming
« Reply #474 on: December 11, 2011, 07:41:06 pm »

Of course, it hasn't been two days and I already need an outlet for creative urges. And rambling.

The game will resume in mid/late May of 2012. Presumably. It will not be the current campaign, which I'm going to dare to call FUBAR. Of course, the upside is that I will pretty much have an open schedule until school starts, in August or September. In the meantime, computer-accessible free time will be at a premium, but I have about 5 classes in which I can prepare for the campaign. I also have this tendency to ramble.

Long story short, anybody potentially interested in one of the following campaigns should vote on it:
City of Infinite Plot Hooks: Why sally forth from the city at all, when there is adventure to be had within?
Unexplored Places in the South: read: Western Marches. With no plot. Cough. Cough.
A New Face of the Storm: A coastal nation, with moderate aquaticness, but unlikely to ever see the open ocean
[optional preposition] [article [verb] [preposition] [noun or eldritch horror]: My goal: REAP (or an anagram thereof) YOUR MIIIIIIINDS
Womb of Horrors: Just no
Revenge on Kurtulmak E6: Using the Epic Level 6 unofficial variant, drive out the dreaded Kobold menace.
Revenge of Kurtulmak E6: Using the Epic Level 6 unofficial variant, drive out the dreaded Human menace.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 11, 2011, 11:04:16 pm »

I vote for the following:

A New Face of the Storm: A coastal nation, with moderate aquaticness, but unlikely to ever see the open ocean
[optional preposition] [article [verb] [preposition] [noun or eldritch horror]: My goal: REAP (or an anagram thereof) YOUR MIIIIIIINDS
Revenge of Kurtulmak E6: Using the Epic Level 6 unofficial variant, drive out the dreaded Human menace.

What is "Epic Level 6 unofficial variant"?
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 12, 2011, 05:51:22 pm »

E6 is a variant where, up to level 6, things are perfectly normal. At level 6, however, your progression stops, and instead becomes a feat every 5,000 XP. Basically, the concept is that, to the bog standard Commoner 1, a level 6 character is already epic.

Linky

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 12, 2011, 09:59:32 pm »

Unexplored Places in the South: read: Western Marches. With no plot. Cough. Cough.
But what would you call the thread? But if you think you can prepare the sheer volume of material required, it could be fun.
My actual vote goes to the city of infinite plot hooks, though.
I'm okay with using the E6 variant.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 16, 2011, 07:15:16 pm »

Woo, levelled, I took metamorphosis and telekinetic thrust.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]