Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: He's a Loose Cannon on the Edge!  (Read 3203 times)

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: He's a Loose Cannon on the Edge!
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:27 pm »

That kid is HARDCORE.

Also, I now have three of them. Riggs, Callahan, and Murtaugh.

Seriously, are all hunters badasses now? I remember them running away from carp (back then, who wouldn't?)

but now these guys are hiding in bushes and killing the living crap out of goblin seiges before my actual army can get out there. I guess I shouldn't be surprised about random civilians shooting everything in sight if I'm going to name the place "Shootconfuse" but I expect unarmored hunters to have some kind of preservation instinct.

Awesome side note 1: while shooting the living hell out of goblins despite the commissioner's orders, the lone gunmen are still labeled as "hunting."

Awesome side note 2: Callahan shot a gobbo in the hand to disarm him, then killed him with his bare hands.

Ambushing skill gives bonuses to agility, which is a god-stat for both dodging and hitting things with a bow. So yeah. All hunters are badass and prime candidates for eventually being retired and given a position in the military. If you think they're bad now you need to put them in full layered steel and lock them in a danger room.

Generally speaking, legendary dwarves are truly... legendary. Almost all skills have some kind of stat bonus. Miners are also made of awesome and good candidates for the military.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:57 pm »

Just observed in my fortress.  I have a 6 Z-level deep pit adjacent to a dodge-trap array, with a row of cage traps in the corridor leading out.  Goblins who survive the weapon traps and drop get captured for military practice.  A mason was replacing a cage in the trap array when a badly injured goblin staggered out of the pit.  The mason dropped the cage he was hauling, went over to the prone goblin, put it in a headlock and spent several pages of combat report punching the goblin in the head.  Then, he dropped the goblin and went back to reloading the cage trap.  That's just pointless cruelty right there, the guy's not even in the military.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:45:07 pm »

Just observed in my fortress.  I have a 6 Z-level deep pit adjacent to a dodge-trap array, with a row of cage traps in the corridor leading out.  Goblins who survive the weapon traps and drop get captured for military practice.  A mason was replacing a cage in the trap array when a badly injured goblin staggered out of the pit.  The mason dropped the cage he was hauling, went over to the prone goblin, put it in a headlock and spent several pages of combat report punching the goblin in the head.  Then, he dropped the goblin and went back to reloading the cage trap.  That's just pointless cruelty right there, the guy's not even in the military.

He wasn't holding the goblin in a headlock and punching it, he was giving him noogies.  They were secretly frat brothers together in college and this is the traditional greeting.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 10:08:14 pm »

Dwarf noogies, like almost all other forms of interaction, are known to cause concussions in the less sturdy races. This is often misinterpreted as violence.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2011, 03:10:06 am »

Dwarf noogies, like almost all other forms of interaction, are known to cause concussions in the less sturdy races. This is often misinterpreted as violence.
Odd, when you consider how easily a dwarven skull seems to get broken.

Maybe they're just too drunk to care.
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2011, 11:01:39 am »

1. Too drunk to care

2. Too drunk to notice frat brother is dead

3. Too drunk to notice that they are covered in ground organs

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2011, 02:58:27 pm »

1. Too drunk to care

2. Too drunk to notice frat brother is dead

3. Too drunk to notice that they are covered in ground organs

Too drunk to notice they are casually pummelling in a skull.

"I thought I was making some booze man..."
Pages: 1 [2]