Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which race is the least intelligent?

Dwarves
Elves

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Least intelligent race?  (Read 5930 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Least intelligent race?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2011, 10:15:53 pm »

It's not really intelligence related, but gnomes are dumb. They're like resus-maques, except supposedly humanoid and intelligent. Except they're really, really stupid. They steal a forts grog. Dumb. They don't have proper weapons. Dumb. They're not cute little scamps on the protected (in my forts) or endangered species list like kobolds. Dumb. They don't even die to a poison created specifically created to harm them. That's pretty dumb.

Kobolds may have been caught up in the huge development changes of different versions and can't eat now. So they're cute and loveable little theives but starve to death most times. Give them some food and the odd copper weapon and they'll entertain you for years to come.

But gnome-blight has never done a damn thing to gnomes. Gnomes have never done a damn thing to dwarves, good or bad. They're stupid, boring pointless little wastes of space. The least intelligent race by far. I have more fun weaponizing rabbits.

I mean, if we could poison them or use them in some way, then elves would be the dumbest. But we can't. This to me is the dwarven scale of another races intelligence. How can we use them, abuse them, weaponize them or how can they amuse us? Otherwise they're dumb, really dumb. Gnomes are the dumbest.
It's a game. Have fun.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »

They don't even die to a poison created specifically created to harm them. That's pretty dumb.

That's actually pretty badass.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 10:45:27 pm »

I do hope that with things like vampirism, lycanthropy and an extended syndrome system in place, they make gnome-blight effective as a touch-based syndrome causer. Maybe as a gnome attractor as well.

Actually, how much fun will gnome-blight be in the new version? And it will be pretty easy to mod in elf/goblin/human/dwarf-blight I'd say.

Then every race can have the exact amount of intelligence required to not be dumb. Evil, sadistic, cackling genius begins..........

Muhahahahahaa.......
It's a game. Have fun.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 11:56:51 pm »

Dwarves:

-Pro: Fits of intelligence, can be brilliant tacticians and fighters. Craftsmanship is unparalleled.
Only race in Vanilla that can sustain a settlement without outside contact.

-Con: Fits of stupidity. Frequently do things that make their hive-mind baulk at the stupidity, eg. rushing blindly into a siege just to steal socks, immuring themselves behind walls and starving to death, killing each other because they're sad, punishing dwarves for being unable to fulfill an order due to lack of resources...

Humans:

-Pro: Brilliant fighters, good friends, great tactical behaviour. Good to trade with. No silly requests.

-Con: Not many cons. They lack the entrepreneurial spirit of the dwarves and their craftsmanship, but they are vastly better than the other races.

Elves:

-Pro: Can tame animals that no other race can. They do not plunder the land.
-Con: They try to enforce their beliefs on other races. They are extremely stupid to fight with wooden weaponry. They become outraged over the treatment of trees. They consume the corpses of vanquished foes, which enrages any other race. One would think that they would be able to refrain from this to be able to strengthen diplomatic relations. They trade awful crafts.

Goblins:

-Pro: They have enslaved other races. The only other race to do this is dwarves, and then only if they manage to catch Tigermen. They are valiant fighters, and they know when a fight is lost. They understand psychological warfare.
-Con: They don't seem to be able to make very good armour or weapons. They blunder at a wall and fail to recognise traps that they potentially could've been hit by.

Kobolds:

-Pro: Their cuteness moves some dwarven hive-minds to adopt them as mascots and try to breed them. They wisely only assault forts with thievery.
-Cons: They are so thick as to forget to eat sometimes.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2011, 03:47:21 am »

Eh gnomeblight works I'm pretty sure. Just getting it on the floor and having gnomes walk on it is rather impractical. It worked last I read about it anyway.
Pages: 1 2 [3]