Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: kitty cat problem!  (Read 3999 times)

McDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: kitty cat problem!
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 03:39:20 pm »

Oh, can to train cats for war?
You could if you edited the cat entry in the creature_domestic.txt file. Just adding the [trainable] tag should let you train war cats. However, I don't know of any way to add cat armour in.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2011, 04:41:56 pm »

I suspect Bay12 simply realized this inherent feature of cats and put it in the game.
Yes. Look up "scamps", the name of the dev's pet kitten.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2011, 05:41:45 pm »

Ah scamps, mighty devourer of worlds.

PhantomXD

• Bay Watcher
  • Digging designation cancelled: warm stone located
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 01:47:35 pm »

I was just gonna mention scamps :P

My cat often sits on my lap during long DF skirmishes, I wuv my lil hypno-master. Still that aside if you havent realised yet cat's are a long running joke in the DF community in that there the most harmless looking downfall of your fortress if not managed properly.

Trust me I believe you have 50+ cats. When I said the OP is Troll gold I dint mean you I meant the replys your gona get.

I read in a post once that the least cruel way to halt cat related FPS death was to lock all of one sex in cages as to stop breading.
Ironhand's Graphics Set

Bottom line is, the wiki is your friend, and error is your teacher.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2011, 01:18:27 am »

and to think that I butchered so many...

but we had a litter recently....

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2011, 01:20:17 am »

Ur doin it wrawng.

1~2 lvl drop onto large serrated disc, works SHOCKINGLY well. If they survive, rinse, repeat.
Make sure you have a refuse pile though, and your dwarves are set to collect vermin, otherwise the corpses will clutter your fortress!

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 05:36:10 am »

Ur doin it wrawng.

1~2 lvl drop onto large serrated disc, works SHOCKINGLY well. If they survive, rinse, repeat.
Make sure you have a refuse pile though, and your dwarves are set to collect vermin, otherwise the corpses will clutter your fortress!
Nah that's a waste of good butchery practice. If you don't care for the butchery returns, then at least make the cats work for you instead of just having fun with their deaths. I chain my kittens outside as my stealth detectors. They also make excellent cavern explorers as they wander around and remove the shroud. Hypnotising goblin marksmen to unload their quivers before entering the fortress is another way to get work out of them.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2011, 11:21:51 pm »

Ur doin it wrawng.

Nah that's a waste of good butchery practice. If you don't care for the butchery returns, then at least make the cats work for you instead of just having fun with their deaths. I chain my kittens outside as my stealth detectors. They also make excellent cavern explorers as they wander around and remove the shroud. Hypnotising goblin marksmen to unload their quivers before entering the fortress is another way to get work out of them.

Serrated discs don't care about pets.
Pages: 1 2 [3]