Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: We are the Hive Mind  (Read 14327 times)

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
Re: We are the Hive Mind
« Reply #165 on: November 21, 2011, 08:18:29 pm »

how?!?!

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2011, 08:25:30 pm »

Click the link. That's how.

Edit: By the way, check out this link I found recently. It's quite interesting and thought-provoking.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 08:27:03 pm by hubris_incalculable »
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 21, 2011, 08:29:53 pm »

i ment how did you do that... make the mouse do whatever or whatever it did.

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 21, 2011, 08:40:07 pm »

http://lmgtfy.com/

Then you type in a request, and it makes a link to the appropriate animation, and after that, it redirects you to google.

like this.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 21, 2011, 09:18:46 pm »

Rip goat, more loli

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2011, 04:49:04 pm »

(OOC:[I have no idea if we need these markers. I know I wouldn't have hesitated to jump on their lack...but I guess I tend to be a bit more draconian that way.]
By the way, check out this link I found recently. It's quite interesting and thought-provoking.
Hehe! That's great! Kinda brings to a point (or a roadmarker) what's been going on for the last two decades, what with examples like human search engines and flash-events (be they silly, activist, or criminal). Although, it kinda misses out on the situation where the elements of individuality and "borganism" are heavily overlapping in each unit, so that each unit must only flip a mental, master switch to return to being just themselves-- and indeed, in a world of such closely linked organisms, this might be the greatest security against memetic problems, and thus likely to evolve. Also, "oh no, investigator, we don't have anything like a hive-mind here! We just use these telepathic broadcasters for reporting crimes and accidents; look, I'll even get out the registration papers for you...")
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]