Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: game too easy  (Read 9301 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: game too easy
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2011, 04:32:26 pm »

Just add soap.

MUAH HA HA HA HA

To magma or water?
Because one of them will not accomplish much, while the other might ensue hilarity and/or bubbles.
But magma has bubbles and hilarity already!

Poison soap cloud?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 09, 2011, 05:02:48 pm »

Just add soap.

MUAH HA HA HA HA

To magma or water?
Because one of them will not accomplish much, while the other might ensue hilarity and/or bubbles.
But magma has bubbles and hilarity already!

Poison soap cloud?
Dwarf Fortress: Magma solves all your problems, even the need for something new to snort

James Sunderland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2011, 06:07:47 pm »

I agree, and Toady's seems to agree as well, judging from the goals page and DF talk. :D

I think Toady was talking about making traps more difficult to set up, needing multiple tiles and all that. Actually, when I first learned that traps existed, I assumed they would require multiple tiles! I expected that if I wanted a spinning disc (what's the difference between 'disc' and 'disk'?) coming out of the wall, I'd need to build a trap that, well... came out of the wall. Like a mechanism on both sides of the wall, or something. I also assumed I'd need power for all my traps (how does it spin otherwise?), so held off building them until I'd learned about power.

Then I found they were easy to set up. Really easy.  :(

And then 8 sieges come at once and clog your spammable 10X candy disc traps with their corpses.

Disk is the stupid fat american spelling, Disc is from the greek, discus and the correct way to spell disc :U

Discus is actually Latin, a stupid fat American such as myself could tell from the -us suffix. The Greek would be Diskos or Discos (δίσκος), depending if you want to use ancient or modern transliteration.

Yeah I'm into Classics, so what
Until I embarked on a map with an aquifer, I had always taken rocks for granite.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 09, 2011, 06:15:45 pm »

I agree, and Toady's seems to agree as well, judging from the goals page and DF talk. :D

I think Toady was talking about making traps more difficult to set up, needing multiple tiles and all that. Actually, when I first learned that traps existed, I assumed they would require multiple tiles! I expected that if I wanted a spinning disc (what's the difference between 'disc' and 'disk'?) coming out of the wall, I'd need to build a trap that, well... came out of the wall. Like a mechanism on both sides of the wall, or something. I also assumed I'd need power for all my traps (how does it spin otherwise?), so held off building them until I'd learned about power.

And then 8 sieges come at once and clog your spammable 10X candy disc traps with their corpses.

Disk is the stupid fat american spelling, Disc is from the greek, discus and the correct way to spell disc :U

Discus is actually Latin, a stupid fat American such as myself could tell from the -us suffix. The Greek would be Diskos or Discos (δίσκος), depending if you want to use ancient or modern transliteration.

BROFIST

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #79 on: November 09, 2011, 06:31:43 pm »

BROFIST

CLASSICS UNDERRATED!

WE PWN U!
XD

cur adeptus non insanus?

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:55 pm »

make rock crafts.
crafts? pfft - Get a legendary cook, slaughter up some interesting animals and buy out the entire caravan for a single plate of food. bonus points if you buy out the elves with a plate of food made from their previous shipment of animals.

"Tell me, Llamedoslyn, what did the dwarves pay for our four pack animal loads worth of goods?"
"This wonderful plate of *elephant liver roast*"
"... Wat?"

Tryble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2011, 09:26:57 am »

*stands*
*inhales*
*kicks in door*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am very sorry Necro but.... I kinda miss the guy who was trying to steal your job by shouting Mamgaaaaaaaaaaaa lol  :P

I think I agree.
Mamga has this sort of ring to it.  I like it.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2011, 10:39:21 am »

*stands*
*inhales*
*kicks in door*

I am very sorry Necro but.... I kinda miss the guy who was trying to steal your job by shouting Mamgaaaaaaaaaaaa lol  :P

I think I agree.
Mamga has this sort of ring to it.  I like it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2011, 02:31:29 pm »

Magma no magma!

Mamga moar mamga!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2011, 06:55:56 pm »

CATSPLOOOOSIIIIIIIIOOOOOON!

(Because magma is kinda overrated by now.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2011, 07:08:47 pm »

That's why we have magma bombs and magma falls now.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2011, 07:14:47 pm »

Hmm.. still seem to be a bit uncreative to me.. Innovative, yes.. but not very original..
Maybe if we had some other names for them.. still including fiery liquid doom, but sounds more interesting..
Such as Liquid Flame Falls and Fiery Doom Bombs.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2011, 07:17:49 pm »

Hmm.. still seem to be a bit uncreative to me.. Innovative, yes.. but not very original..
Maybe if we had some other names for them.. still including fiery liquid doom, but sounds more interesting..
Such as Glowy Falls and Fiery Doom Bombs.

Hey, don't ask me, I'm all for water/ice traps!
Ask someone obsessed with magma... Lets see... Who is obsessed with magma with a zeal border lining on cult like fanaticism...
Ah yes Aisher!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2011, 07:19:39 pm »

I changed the name suggestion for the first name change, since Glowy Falls didn't sound quite right..
Sounded like something.. Kobolds would call it.. or Elves..
No.. I am sure Elves would name it something more fancy.. and.. Elvish..
Because you know.. Elves..
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:21:25 pm by Ultimuh »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:08 pm »

I changed the name suggestion for the first name change, since Glowy Falls didn't sound quite right..
Sounded like something.. Kobolds would call it.. or Elves..
No.. I am sure Elves would name it something more fancy.. and.. Elvish..
Because you know.. Elves..

The flowery rain of sentient corpses?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]