Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Tale of The Lone Reclaimer  (Read 654 times)

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder, Proficient Failure
    • View Profile
The Tale of The Lone Reclaimer
« on: November 06, 2011, 02:27:03 am »

The Tale of The Lone Reclaimer

the fall of Sazirzon was a minor loss, but none the less, it had a rich gold and silver deposit under it. Under orders from the king Likotgigan and his crew of seven set of the revive the dead city. in the year of 151,during the month of Felsite, the arrive at the fort. weapons and armor little the floor, with dead cats on the walls and a dead troll in the well. the floors had started to grow various sizes of mushrooms, huge piles of ore, and corpses on the B1 floor. as they started the grim duty of cleaning out the fort, a large crash was heard deep down under the various levels. Likotgigan heard it, thinking it was a floor giving out, and thought nothing of it. He bid the other dwarves good night and went to bed. his team dispersed, three going to bury more dead, two to eat, and the last, Feb Daruderal, decided to explore. as Feb read the lore of Sazirzon, consisting of finding a cavern made of various metals and the herioc Fikod Larid, the dwarf who fought of the evils of goblin thieves, giant olms, and slaying the dreaded troll Becoredem, a shadow ran up the stairs. it's bulky green figure caught Feb by suprise, and with a amazing hit, Feb could only scream before he perished. Fikod Larid was finally in his tomb, with a statue of him that was found on the premises, but the three burial dwarves have dropped body of the next in line when they hear the scream. they charge downstairs to find a troll gnawing on the mangled corpse of Feb. they try to encircle the beast but it knocks them all back. it pounced, crushing one and stabbing another with its tusk. as the last one tried to run, a giant olm runs from a lower floor and kills him, the two that were eating decide to get the wardogs in the gaurd tower, but as they passed the stairs, one was dragged down to the floor below. the other was planning on saving him, but as he ran down the stairs, the giant olm ripped him in half. Likotgigan awoke, and stumbles to the crud temporary food storage area. as he munched on a dwarven helmet, a splatter of blood shot up the stairs. Likotgigan took a sip of some fine wine left there, and walked to the armory. he grabed some bismuth bronze chainmail they recovered earlier, a leather shield, a bronze axe, and various other gear. he sets down his faithful pick and calls the wardogs. he walked down the steps to be greeted by a giant olm. it dispatches a dog and wounds another. then from behind Likotgigan swiftly cuts both of its legs crippling it, and as it sat in a pool of blood, he cut off the foul beasts head. the dogs rushed down the next flight of stairs, and a wail is heard. as he rushes down the stairs to save the wardogs, he sees a puzzling sight. the troll was dead, it was missing a head and with a huge hole in his left arm. even stranger, 4 happy wardogs were rolling in his cyan blood, with the fifth missing. down another floor in the ore storage, there was a mortally wounded hound, bleeding to death. infront of it lay the trolls head.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
he was the last dwarf, and first thing to do was to block off the cave. after that he declared himself the lone reclaimer. he tended the crops, finished the walls, and gathered supplies. in a season's time, migrants arrived to help him pickup the pieces. the dog that killed the troll was declared The Hero of New Sazirzon. the hero was giving a doghouse of pure copper and resides there even today.

this is my first story, and its all true. a small squad of wardogs killed a troll with full health, somehow decapitating it, and the one who killed it recovered fully and was rewarded with a copper house. post your opinion and if you want me to right it out, not theatracally i will
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of The Lone Reclaimer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 02:08:32 pm »

i made the troll a plaque too!
"Games come and go, and we all get tired of some games after time, but Dwarf Fortress seems to grab me by the leg every couple months and drags me back with it's bloody, ASCII claw. I think this game has given me Stockholm syndrome, but I love it so, and it's simplistic style yet extremely complex mechanics are like fine art, like a beautifully crafted ☼Cave Spider Silk Sock☼" - Dirk 3/31/2014
TAIL SHOOOOES!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Tale of The Lone Reclaimer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 03:00:59 pm »

Pretty cool! Also just shows how much of a difference a decent weapon makes. Keep us posted on how Likotgigan does! ;D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dirkdragonslayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Fall of the Lone Reclaimer(how his story ends)
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:01:44 pm »

As the citizens of new Sazirzon built the new Ballista defence systems, Likotgigan looked over his hard work, and the present the blacksmith gave him, a silver warhammer. it grew from him being the last dwarf to a thriving population of 21 dwarves. the followers of Likotgigan made him a tomb, with engraved walls in his honor, statues, the troll's Gravestone, and a golden coffin. as the men refilled the cage traps after the 3rd rhesus macaque attack, a goblin ran into a cage trap. then once the last cage have been replaced and the goblin was stored away, a passerby was shot. as he bled he ran to close the gates. more goblins rushed into the cages, however there were still goblin crosbowmen still outside the wall firing at the fleeing dwarves. the drawbridge was pulled up, and everyone except the woodcutter and the stoneworker were in. they found a flaw in the wall and ran in. as likot made his way into the base he spots the hole. he runs to the armor room with his 7 wardogs and 13 puppies for supplies. he gathers a makeshift military, and rushes to the well to set a ambush. as more and more goblins came, it became apparent the ambush would not stop them all. he orders the puppies and their mothers to be taking to to food room. as the dogs ran, a goblin spearmen and a goblin macemen walked into the base. as there comrades surveyed the wall, the two were in search for the horse they chased in. as they slaughtered the poor creature, Likot and his men rush the pair. Likot's men were dispatched with ease, except for Sodel, the fisherdwarf. Sodel is has her left arm dented and broken, and dents her legs. Likot dispatches the macedwarf quickly and vehemently, but is stabbed fatally in the back. he spun around and used his blooded silver hammer against the face of evil. as the speargoblin fell back and squirmed, Likotgigan limped over to Sodel to say his last words, "I shall leave this world, but this town shall live on!" Likotgigan died moments after, but after he embeds his silver war hammer into the second goblins dieing skull. Sodel runs to the south wing with the rest of the dwarves and locks the doors. Sodel is also fatally injured, and now sits on her death bed, and relays the tale to the others. the sound of goblins faded and the 12 dwarves and the injured Sodel left to see the light once more.

The story of Sazirzon isnt over, but this is the end of Likotgigan, the great hero of the reclaimed fort. he now resides in a gold coffin at his private home. he shall rest in peace, and his memory shall live on.
TAIL SHOOOOES!