Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Apexwhips II - Convicts at large!  (Read 5802 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
Re: Apexwhips II - Convicts at large!
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 09:21:34 pm »

Can we also get the waitlist with name and dwarf gender/job requests listed?
There's a growing list. :P

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 09:30:43 pm »

Can we also get the waitlist with name and dwarf gender/job requests listed?
There's a growing list. :P

Can do.  I've added the outstanding requests to the claimed dwarf list.
There are three requests for male dwarves but the only unclaimed male is in the doomed dwarf list.
Tis far better to be a witty fool than a foolish wit.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2011, 01:23:32 am »

Unclaimed dwarves:
Spoiler: Female Dwarf 3 (click to show/hide)

Doomed Dwarves:
Spoiler: Doomed Dwarf 1 (click to show/hide)

May I have these two? If so, I will PM you the crimes they committed together, and we can have the story-telling joy of a lost comrade-in-arms without the associated tantrum spiral. Keep their given first names, but change their last names to CatSack.

Ideally, I would like you to draft Miss CatSack into a squad and have her spend half the year training (or more, at your discretion) once we catch up.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2011, 04:08:05 am »

:) Awesome.
Thank you for the prompt adjustment.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2011, 05:43:47 am »

I'd like a dwarf too. Details are sent to The Fool.
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2011, 04:38:18 pm »

Necropost.
Any hope of this ever continuing? I'm sort of a fan.

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2011, 04:46:30 pm »

Necropost.
Any hope of this ever continuing? I'm sort of a fan.
Yes there is.  Sorry, kind of got caught up with Skyrim, SW:TOR beta, the Diablo III beta, Minecraft, work and other stuff.  >_> I fear I am too easily distracted at times. 

Let me gather my notes and I'll see if I can't get another entry out this weekend.  I'm not going to promise to do regular updates anymore though because my track record on that so far is ... well not good.  Just try poking me with a sharp stick if I slack off. 
(Possibly with a sharp stick that's on fire.  Magma might also be needed.)

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2011, 07:06:12 pm »

--- Eighth Entry ---
The dwarves looked at the walls and I could see their faces fall as they realized just what the implications were of what I said.  "Only axes?  You mean that ... wooden thing is it?" said one finally.  "Yes, that is it.  We have a wooden wall to keep the undead birds out and have just finished putting a roof over one corner and some beds under it so we have some place to sleep."  One of them shuddered visibly.  "And all the food you have is just from your cart animals?" asked another.  "Mostly, these ponds around here have turtles in them so we have been streching our food supplie with those.  If you hadn't come with animals though, I might very well have told you to just keep going.  As it is, I expect one of you at least to help with the fishing.  The rest can assist with our constructions." 

"So your letting them stay Chief?" asked Loki.  "Yes, I think all of us have enough ... problems as it is without adding to them." I said.  Hopefully they wold take the hint.  Bad enough we were all escaped convicts without piling on further crimes.  "When does caravan come?" asked Tombs. "What caravan?" I asked along with the first dwarf from the new group.  "You to the north, Axegrind to south.  They not find you go south." explained Tombs.  It was so easy to forget that tombs was actually rather smart given how simply she spoke.  I've often wondered if that simple way of speaking was an act.  "In the fall when caravans usually come I guess?" said the other dwarf tenitively.  "You guess?" I responded.  "Isn't that rather important?"  "Wasn't my job to know, that was Urst's job and now she's dead."  explained the dwarf.

I contemplated this last bit of news.  "Well I suppose we ought to put up a trade Depot then and see if we can't make something to trade.  If they do come through here after they don't find you where they were expecting we could desperately use the supplies.  Looks like you all do get to help found a fort after all, just not where you expected."  I said.  "So what IS the name of this place?" asked one of the new dwaves.  I very nearly lost it there.  Panic surged in the back of my head, we had never once thought about naming this spot.  I wound up blurting out the first thing that came to my mind.  "Apexwhips" was what came out of my mouth.  I"m not sure why that came to mind but it was too late to come up with something better.  "Funny name for a fort." someone commented. "Yes, well it's a funny fort, barrels of laughs all the time." said Loki dryly. 

"Ha Ha Ha" droned Tombs in a deadpan.  I just shook my head and started directing everyone to their new jobs.  I'm clearly the sanest one here and well... that's saying a lot.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2011, 08:52:51 pm »

Wow, glad this isn't dead.  Am I still up for dorfing?   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2011, 07:30:17 pm »

Where do I get a stick that's on fire?

The_Fool76

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2011, 07:44:28 pm »

Wow, glad this isn't dead.  Am I still up for dorfing?   
Yes you are. If the claimed/doomed/pending post has you listed then you are good.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=93012.msg2611669#msg2611669

Where do I get a stick that's on fire?
This is dwarf fortress...  Where do you get anything that's on fire?
You dip it in MAGMA!

>_>

Bukkit (Main Minecraft server that anyone uses.) just updated to 1.0.0 support today so I'm going to be spending my evening working on that.  However I do have another entry written up, it just needs editing before I post it.  (My spelling/punctuation when I'm focusing on creative writing is ... lets just say 'creative' and leave it at that.) 

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2011, 12:09:18 am »

However I do have another entry written up, it just needs editing before I post it.  (My spelling/punctuation when I'm focusing on creative writing is ... lets just say 'creative' and leave it at that.) 
Pfft. Trust me, when the muse has me, I'm worse.
It's not just spelling and grammar, either. I can misplace entire sentences, or flat out skip them.

Looking forward to the update, regardless.
Keep up the awesome.
Pages: 1 2 [3]