Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dalek playing DF  (Read 1672 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Dalek playing DF
« on: October 18, 2011, 05:54:11 pm »

A snippet from an ongoing story over on spacebattles, in which dalek sec with some time on his handsplunger plays a little game.

He idly hovered towards the one computer which hadn’t been cannibalized. He had done research into human media, most of which he didn’t find interesting. There seemed to be a large amount of electronic games, with an emphasis on storytelling and graphics, none of which he could be bother with.

One, however, had caught his attention. It had none of the intricate graphics of the others, but was supposedly ludicrously complex, generating an entire world at random, populating it with unique inhabitants and keeping track of their health down to individual body parts, relationships, and history through long periods. Sec was actually intrigued by those claims, so he acquired it from the developer’s website and installed it on the computer.

Having nothing better to do, he decided to try it out.
====================

Opening research file: An investigation on human interactive media.
Loading entries 1-6 out of 69…
Attempt #1

I have successfully integrated the human computer's external interface to my systems and have and reviewed the games instructions.

I have selected an area with a difficulty worthy of a Dalek Supreme, chosen my supplies and am now in the process of-WHERE DID THAT LAVA COME FROM??!!

Attempt #2

This Fortress has been relocated into a colder climate. I am now in the process of digging a-SWIM YOU PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR AN INTELLIGENT BEING!! SWIM!!

Attempt #3

WHERE DID THREE MILLION CATS COME FROM?! HOW CAN THEY FIT INTO A CAGE!? AND WHY DO THE HAVE THE SAME EFFECT AS A THERMOBARIC BOMB!? EXPLAIN!! EXPLAIN!!! EXPLAAAIIIINNNN!!!!!

Attempt #4

[UNINTELLIGIBLE SOUNDS OF INTENSE RAGE.]

Attempt #5

HOW CAN A CREATURE LIKE THAT EVEN EXIST, LET ALONE SLAUGHTER THESE INCOMPETENTS?! WHY IS THERE NO FUNCTION TO EXECUTE MY MILITARY COMMANDERS?! AND HOW CAN SOMEONE INGEST FOOD WHILE A MONSTER MADE OF FLAMING VOMIT IS TEARING THEM TO SHREDS!!?? EXPLAAAAAAIIIIIIINN!!!!!

Attempt #6

Fortress has been successful, although the denizen’s ability to ignore fire is disturbing. This is likely some sort of programing erro- NO! YOU ARE NOT THIRSTY!! YOU DO NOT REQUIRE ALCOHOL!! OBEY!! OBEEEYYY!!!
====================
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
Re: Dalek playing DF
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 09:12:39 pm »

Yeah, that does seem to be the logical response to dwarf fortress...

I wonder what entry 69 looks like?
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 09:40:56 pm »

* Draco18s giggles like a little girl.

Keltiknight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »

*Keltiknight laughs like a madman* That was hilarious.
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.-Corvidae

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 11:55:52 am »

Introducing DFto the Daleks would probably cause them all to go into a tantrum spiral and !!EXTERMINATE!! one another.  Noted for future use against SkyNet. 
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 12:19:16 pm »

Ha! Nice. :D
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 01:02:28 pm »

Needs more exterminate.

Funny though, it fit daleks well, it was easy to imagine a dalek saying all of that.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 08:23:54 pm »

This is hilarious. Makes me want to learn more about daleks than "robots that might not be able to climb stairs and are probably from Dr. Who."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 09:59:18 pm »

They can fly up them.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 10:00:44 pm »

This is hilarious. Makes me want to learn more about daleks than "robots that might not be able to climb stairs and are probably from Dr. Who."

LEVITATE.

If you want to know more about them, try watching The Daleks, The Dalek Invasion of Earth,* and The Chase.  There's several more, of course, but those are the earliest.  The Daleks gives you an idea of their origin.

*Which was alluded to, but not mentioned specifically, in The Stolen Earth.  No one would understand the reference unless they had seen it.  They would know that there was a reference, but not understand it.

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 01:25:41 pm »

Cages are Timelord science of course, silly Dalek.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 03:11:00 pm »

Cages are Timelord science of course, silly Dalek.

As the daleks should know. But i guess dalek sec forgot the battle canary Wharf. I mean he is on of the cultof scaro and freed his brothers from the genesis ark.
[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

I must say, it is an honor to be on the same forums as people who both like Dr. Who and play DF.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games