Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Journal of Paddletheaters (my first ever terrifying game)  (Read 1793 times)

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Journal of Paddletheaters (my first ever terrifying game)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 04:12:05 am »

6th felsite

We have all the nessecities and comforts of home. Time to delve! From my experience, I can tell from the surrounding rocks that we will have to dig deep if we want to find anything worth while.

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 04:38:10 am »

(both my miners have gotten stuck at the bottom of a shaft and my other dwarves absolutely refuse to build the stairs needed to rescue them.)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 05:03:37 am »

Dude... Just click modify on your original comment to add new journal entries :P
[don't forget to spoiler:3]

flamewolf393

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 05:16:38 am »

(Oh... I guess that would be easier to read, lol. Will do that from now on. If only there was a way to actually delete posts...)
1st hematite

Armok save me from the stupidity of these... these... DWARVES!! It took nearly 2 weeks for them to get their act together long enough to finally rescue both our miners from the bottom of a shaft, which happened from THEIR own stupidity! GAH!! But anyway it was not in vain, for we have hit a VEIN! GOLD!! WE STRUCK GOLD!! Of course what we can do with that gold I'm not really sure. None of us know how to work it...

At least we have plenty of peace and quiet to figure it out. Havent seen a single beasty in weeks.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2nd hematite
Me: Hey have you seen our anvil?
Bookkeeper: Um... what anvil?
Me: You know, the anvil we brought with us?
BK: Um... we didn't bring an anvil with us...
Me WHAT? Who the HELL thought that was a good idea?!?
BK: That would be you sir... You wanted the space for those extra axes remember?
ME: Oh yeah... well what are we supposed to do with all this gold laying around then?
BK: Well sir, we could always trade it to the elves.
Me: The ELVES??? THATS IT PULL THE DAMN MAGMA LEVER!!!
BK: Um sir we dont have one of those...
Me: *grumble grumble* Ah... by armoks beard I need a drink.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
20th hematite

With our basic survival no longer in question, we are getting bored. Everyone that came with me came for the sense of adventure and danger! But here we are today just making crafts because there is not much else better to do. For now everyone is still content enough, but if we dont get something interesting happening soon we might just go crazy. We haven't seen another living thing out there on the plain save for the occasional vermin. We dont even have little pups under our feet like we had expected since that damn thing killed one of our dogs. We all know that below our feet somewhere are probably caves like back home, and who knows what might live their. But if the legends are true of those places, we would be getting a lot more than just a challenge if we opened them up. What we really need is some more dwarves, but the caravan still isnt due for another half a year...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
10th malachite
Finally! Today we got some migrants. Theres only three of them, and what little skills they come with are completely useless to us. We could use the fisherdwarf if only the ocean was not so dangerous. Hopefully they will fold into our little group without any problems.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:18:01 am by flamewolf393 »

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 01:36:10 pm »

GASP - bored? Seriously?? Oh, wow, I can hardly believe it! Hmm... Well... You could try building something into the ocean for your dwarves to fish on... And you're going to have some Fun after you hit 30 population...  You may end up wishing you'd gotten that forge set up. ;D

Oh yes, I iz evul.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 [2]