Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So, I caught a clown..  (Read 2051 times)

Box

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMINHUNTER]
    • View Profile
Re: So, I caught a clown..
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 05:52:32 pm »

All clowns can fly.

This is terrifying.  Why is this not on the wiki?
You should come inside the box.

Then you'll know what I mean.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »

All clowns can fly.
I am fairly certain this is not true.  I have been attacked by sieges led by demon leaders who never showed any signs of being able to fly.  It may be true of the ones you liberate from the circus yourself, but doesn't seem to be necessarily true for the ones that come leading sieges.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 05:58:44 pm »

From what I can tell, the only ones that are 100% gauranteed to be able to fly are the ones that spawn immediately after cracking open the circus. Those fly, period. However the ones that spawn after, or ones leading goblins [or humans, because the human diplomat for this world is also a demon, apparently.] can only fly if they have wings.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

BuGGaTon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fake Dorfly Mentor
    • View Profile
    • BoredGamer
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »

I'm really confused.  Why is the leader of the humans a clown?  Why was the goblin leader a clown?  Why are there clowns leading armies?  wtf
Have any gameplay questions?  Try asking me during a live stream for a quick and helpful, yet derogatory reply!  Bloody elves.

http://www.twitch.tv/boredgameruk

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 07:10:56 pm »

I'm really confused.  Why is the leader of the humans a clown?  Why was the goblin leader a clown?  Why are there clowns leading armies?  wtf

Sometimes a clown will makes it way from the circus and head for the  big time, posing as gods to humans or as just clowns to goblins, and rising to positions of power, generally their leader. The human's was a diplomat who came and tell me what a nice place I'd carved out [a pretty big compliment from a clown, I guess..] and the other was to murder me, because he was the goblin Law-giver general person. Sometimes a general leads his armies personally, and sometimes he gets locked in a hallway with no way out for a couple years.

Could go either way.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 07:17:13 pm »

Hold him until you get yourself a GCS, then box him up.

When you're ready, return him to the Circus -- preferably right into one of the glowing pits.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 09:49:37 pm »

Obviously you should turn your entire fort into a temple around this great and powerful entity. Carve statues in its likeness, construct a great cathedral around the prison, and sacrifice puppies/children/dwarves/elves to it via sacrifical airlock. And when Armok takes offense to this gross heresy and moves to strike your fortress down once and for all, release it to prove to Armok and all other gods that this & is the true savior of your fortress.

Obviously.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 09:51:05 pm »

Obviously you should turn your entire fort into a temple around this great and powerful entity. Carve statues in its likeness, construct a great cathedral around the prison, and sacrifice puppies/children/dwarves/elves to it via sacrifical airlock. And when Armok takes offense to this gross heresy and moves to strike your fortress down once and for all, release it to prove to Armok and all other gods that this & is the true savior of your fortress.

Obviously.

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2]