Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Remote Deconstructing?  (Read 2158 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Deconstructing?
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2011, 10:35:52 am »

You could use whatever material for the sword, and then use something like ice for the block. Make sure it is cold enough for the block though, or it will screw itself over.

ZeroSumHappiness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 10:48:06 am »

I'm thinking this, side view:
Code: [Select]
--c-c--
   |

- floor
c hatch
| support

Pull the support, just the supported floor tile drops.  Though everything does fall into the hole in this case...

How about:
Code: [Select]
  x
  █|-
   --

--b--
██ ██
█████

x prize
█ natural wall
| support
- floor
b lure
When the support is pulled the natural wall above falls through the floor that the lure is built upon, plugging the hole and leaving behind the prize.  The Support deconstruction should be left on the hanging floor, hopefully, so it doesn't show the adventurer the mechanism used.

Qwernt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 02:09:00 pm »

In your first case, add a ramp on one side of the support and a level to open the hatches.  Everything does fall, but you can still get to it.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 02:44:27 pm »

How would you go about a structure that's flat, but has 1 tile unsupported?  It's not really possible to have a single tile in a floor collapse.  The only other option would be to cave a cave-in directly above it, crashing through the floor and into a pit, but this would leave a hole in the floor which may or may not be desired.

Make it like a magma forge, where not all the tiles have to be supported. That way, a section of the floor can be separate from the rest.

I have no idea if that's possible though. I've not modded before.
[Signature]

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 02:48:08 pm »

I can't recall if that's modable...  If it is, that would allow for some fantastic adventure mode arenas.  Build a workshop over a ledge, and then deconstruct it, letting the contents fall out.  Suddenly, a sword falls to the ground at the same time the balrog barges in!  Huzzah!

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 06:11:35 pm »

Can you attack while falling? If the floor deconstructed at the same time you could do a Gandalf with the balrog.
[Signature]

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 08:05:34 pm »

Can you attack while falling? If the floor deconstructed at the same time you could do a Gandalf with the balrog.
Must... resist... meme...

Sir E Brum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 10:09:20 pm »

Constructions from boulders and blocks don't alter terrain when they collapse, right?

If so, make the following

!!
    _
    I
XXXXX

Where !! is the structure with your candy sword or whatever, _ is the constructed floor it is built on, I is a support, nothing fancy, and XXXX is natural floor. Pulling a lever linked to I will cause the entire thing to deconstruct, leaving you with your delicious candy.

Apologies if this was already done.

Also, I think if you fall in adventurer mode, the game just calculates to when you impact the ground and doesn't let you do anything during that time. I could be wrong.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 10:33:25 pm »

It -may- allow you to act during fall, but I don't think anyone has gone suicidally climbing towers high enough to test this.  You'd need an insane agility and a rather large fall to experience it at all.  However, they [FALLING] status probably nulls out every control, as it already cancels things like damage and hunger - flying creatures are practically in stasis until they stop.
Pages: 1 [2]