Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invisible volcanoes?  (Read 976 times)

SilentThunderStorm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invisible volcanoes?
« on: September 01, 2011, 08:16:37 am »

I have a map with several volcanoes... unfortuneately, I cannot see the volcano in the embark window.

Here is a screen shot:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In the screenshot, I am looking directly at the volcano island (but you cant see the cursor because in a screenshot, I could only include either a shot with the cursor, or the shot with the volcano).

Notice that nowhere on the embark side of the screen does the volcano actually show up.... I haven't tried every space on the embark map to find it, but mostly because I am less patient than that.

This is the case for EVERY volcano on this map. 

Has anyone ever had this happen?  Is there any way around it?  Or just reroll a new map?

nerdyboy321123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible volcanoes?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 10:50:54 am »

I had this happen just a little while ago. For whatever reason the volcanoes actually aren't even there if you try embarking on every square, so I'm glad you saved that time. I just rerolled and the problem was solved. Genning with advanced parameters would make it easy to get another volcano map if you hadn't already.
how exactly did you weaponize cows into emissary-assassins without causing the expected loyalty cascade?

wrajjt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible volcanoes?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:12:15 am »

I've had this bug occuring to me aswell, to the point where I have to generate a map, and if I am not satisfied with it, I have to restart DF to generate a new one, if not this bug would show up.