Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Medieval Simulation Games  (Read 32603 times)

dehimos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval Simulation Games
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 03:20:11 am »

Sims Medieval No... PLEASE NO  :'(

In Fantasy, Civ IV with Fall from Heaven II, strategy + element rpg.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 03:45:24 am »

For those of you mentioning Stronghold...are you talking about the old game from SSI or the new(er) game by Firefly?

I've never played the Firefly game, but it looks vaguely similar to the SSI game.

I've only played Stronghold 2, which I believe was made by Firefly, but goddamn was it a masterpiece of a game. It's a shame my computers disk drive broke, I'd probably still be playing it to this day.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2011, 04:12:52 am »

Lords of the Realm, one of my fave old games. Look it up on GoG.com, you wont regret it!

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 04:38:30 am »

Don't buy the sims medival. Trust me. It is TERRIBLE.
You'd be better off buying sims 3 and a medival mod for it.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 04:42:25 am »

For a fairly realistic but still gamey medieval game, try Settlers or Widelands.

To be honest, they're actually complex network optimization tasks with a medieval facade.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 08:17:16 am »

Majesty is pretty good. It's an odd blend of strategy, city builder and rpg. I haven't heard good things about Majesty 2, but might be worth a look.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 09:47:08 am »

Where online can you buy Crusader Kings?  It seems like a cool game.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 10:09:14 am »

gamersgate

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 10:12:17 am »

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-CKDV/crusader-kings-complete-bundle

in my opinion, it's not worth playing without Deus Vult
Only a simple mind can be certain.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2011, 01:17:39 pm »

Yeah Deus Vault isn't really an expansion...more of a paid patch but well worth it.

I remember Lords of the Realm well too....one of my first PC games I really got into.

As for the Sims medieval I am actually surprised at close it is to what I was looking for actually...ive found it rather enjoyable...ive always liked the Sims series and I think the Medieval one (with the latest patch which adds lots of new stuff) is actually pretty good in my opinion....any reason why there is strong opinion against it?

I will certainly look into Majesty.

As for Widelands or settlers...I cant say I care much for games like that where I am essentially just making the most optimized placements of buildings...gets old fast for me.

Thanks for all the suggestions as usual! you guys are a great help.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 02:08:24 pm »

Sims Medieval rubbed me the wrong way because it was kind of boring. I had fun playing Sims 1, 2, and 3; but Medieval just didn't have much to it. It was weird.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 02:14:04 pm »

Hey.
Hey, want to play a game that has everything you want, and possibly more, depending on the players?
Get ready...
Dungeons and Dragons 3.5e.
I know it's horribly nerdy and shit, but seriously, you can play a game exactly how you want without searching endlessly for a videogame that doesn't exist, and without waiting forever for some big developer to produce it.
In fact, if you did a little digging, you could find a game that's starting rather soon, online, because a whole lot of people actually play this type of game.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 02:18:58 pm »

If he was going to turn to pen and paper RPG'ing, 'A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying' by Green Ronin would be a better choice because it features a system for creating Houses and expanding their power. D&D is usually a combat-focused dungeon crawler.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 03:34:59 pm »

I do some DnD stuff on the computer and that takes up plenty of my time for. Granted I play on a PW using NWN2 as the base for most of that so its not exactly the same. I would love to be able to play DnD with a group of people but I don't have said group of people.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 03:42:08 pm »

Sims Medieval rubbed me the wrong way because it was kind of boring. I had fun playing Sims 1, 2, and 3; but Medieval just didn't have much to it. It was weird.
Personally I liked Medieval, had quite a bit of fun for maybe two kingdoms and then I got sick of having to do a few key quests just to get things to the point I wanted.
Pages: 1 [2]