Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wrestling Moves and Possibilities  (Read 1372 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Wrestling Moves and Possibilities
« on: August 05, 2011, 10:56:21 am »

I love using the wrestling skill.  I love training it up to legendary within minutes, and then squeezing the life out of my enemies, one by one by one.  However, I might not have grasped all there is to wrestling.  I know a lot of the combinations on how to break joints, choke, pinch, gouge, and essentially tear apart my enemies, but I wanna know more.  So here's how this is gonna work.  Post any tips about wrestling that you know, it's ok if I know it, someone newer to adventure mode might benefit from the information.  You can post information about wrestling, as long as no one said it before.  Afterwards, post optimum builds for wrestling ( Strength, agility, etc ) other useful skills ( dodging comes to mind ).
Lastly, post any epic wrestling matches you might have had with a skilled opponent.  It would also be cool if someone could go all !!!SCIENCE!!! on this and test out the actual mechanics of wrestling.  I hope this will be informative and fun. 

Oh, and lastly, is it possible to literally to rip a sentient being's arm off?  I wanna go all Beowulf on everything even remotely monstrous. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Wrestling Moves and Possibilities
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:11:23 pm »

The only way you could rip something's arm off is by pinching it while playing as something really huge, or making an attack which is basically a punch that latches on to the enemy.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

TheIcelandicManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 02:31:15 pm »

Nah ‼SCIENCE‼ is better tbh.
Urist McHappy has entered a fit of euphoria!
Urist McHappy hugs the Fish Cleaner in the upper body, jamming his love through the brain and warming his callous heart!
The Fish Cleaner has been taught the value of friendship!
Sigged

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 08:35:12 pm »

Good luck trying to wrestle anything bigger than you are. No dragonslayer for you!

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 12:41:41 pm »

My favorite wrestling move has to be grabbing a weapon and disarming your opponent by pressing I (interact), failing that bite off a limb and maul them to death with it.
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.