Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Umm, are underground animalmen tribes suppose to turn into friendly after...  (Read 3062 times)

Madurjafro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Generally an animalman tribe will become friendly to a fortress if they slay an enemy of that fortress.

If you have accidentally sent a military member to attack your own civ (by hitting your own dwarven merchants, for example), you are both a member and an enemy.

Asad the Cave Swallowman was a good example. He killed two forgotten beasts and became friendly to the fortress- eventually living there before being slain by a Goblin Lasher.

TWO?
Is this Guy some sort of Shaman-wizard-type?

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile

Generally an animalman tribe will become friendly to a fortress if they slay an enemy of that fortress.

If you have accidentally sent a military member to attack your own civ (by hitting your own dwarven merchants, for example), you are both a member and an enemy.

Asad the Cave Swallowman was a good example. He killed two forgotten beasts and became friendly to the fortress- eventually living there before being slain by a Goblin Lasher.

TWO?

More of the epic-spearman-who-kills-two-FBs-and-only-suffer-a-broken-toe type
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

frodo0800

• Bay Watcher
  • Son of Ilúvatar
    • View Profile

this bug,if it is realy a bug,nver happened with me in one of my forts i kept killing caveswallow man and they never became friend iven after killink ma dorfs with darts

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile

Could you throw some goblins down there and have the animal men fight them and subsequently become friendly?

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could you throw some goblins down there and have the animal men fight them and subsequently become friendly?
If you disarm them, yeah, I think so.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

TWO?

More of the epic-spearman-who-kills-two-FBs-and-only-suffer-a-broken-toe type

More of the epic-spearman-who-used-a-fungiwood-spear-and-was-only-twelve-years-old-when-he-did-it-type.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Asax

It's a part of Dwarven history.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Arg, i was wrong. Asax, not Asad. and killed one, severely wounded two, not killed two...

lanceleoghauni

• Bay Watcher
  • Purveyor of Ridiculous machinery.
    • View Profile

I have a tribe of... ant men? I tihnk who take care of the FBs for me, nice chaps.
"Mayor, the Nobles are complaining again!"

*Mayor facepalms*

"pull the lever of magmatic happiness"

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, cause I hit the caverns in a challenge and I'm hoping that the animal-man natives are going to be friendly. Cavecamps has no standing army to defend against an animal-man skirmish.
2 Fortress Guard, Competent Swordsdwarf, Novice Shield User, Novice Dodger, with a Black-Cap Shield and Obsidian Short Sword killed 2 tribes of Cave Fish Men, ~14. Their spears aren't useful in a fight, and if your dwarves have clothing on their darts will glance off. Watch out for Antmen and Serpent Men, though. They're a bit tougher than the others.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.
Pages: 1 [2]