Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Umm, are underground animalmen tribes suppose to turn into friendly after...  (Read 3068 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Attacking you and killing few dwarfs?

I got bored and decided to kill myself by letting them kill me without resisting and 4 of reptilemen so far have turned into friendly after killing dwarf o-o

Befenismor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

stop playing amateur mods ie anything other than genesis
1024: You brag about your golden goblin ejaculator.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aren't animalmen vanilla?

That is pretty bizarre though...
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not using mods o-o Only modifications I made were NO_EAT and NO_DRINK to dwarfs and kobolds so they wouldn't die in world gen(I started missing kobolds and dwarfs too die too easily, though annoyingly since this affects to fortress mode too, now I don't need to feed them -_-; I wish next update comes quick, I prefer playing vanilla(this is first time I ever edit raws in this game)) and I removed "Exotic" part from every creature in game since dungeon master is bugged and they can't be tamed otherwise and I figured out taht since I added to NO_EAT/NO_DRINK to dwarfs/kobolds, I might as well do other stuff.

Anyway, it seems each time one of reptilemen kill one of dwarfs and gets name, they turn into friendly o-o Also, somehow one of the blowgunners become swordman despite wielding only blowgun. I didn't edit anything related to animalmen I swear ._.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile

Generally an animalman tribe will become friendly to a fortress if they slay an enemy of that fortress.

If you have accidentally sent a military member to attack your own civ (by hitting your own dwarven merchants, for example), you are both a member and an enemy.

Asad the Cave Swallowman was a good example. He killed two forgotten beasts and became friendly to the fortress- eventually living there before being slain by a Goblin Lasher.

Zdrok

• Bay Watcher
  • You are melting!
    • View Profile

I had a bat man with a name join up.  I like to think he patrols the night bringing sweet vigilante justice.

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HE'S THE GOD DAMN BATMAN.

Couldn't help it.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

HE'S THE GOD DAMN BATMAN.

Couldn't help it.

Yeah, that wasn't obvious already, thanks.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye that's pretty common, I doubt it's intentional.
In my experience they don't even need to fight your dwarves, I've had animalmen I hadn't met yet be friendly after a fight against a forgotten beast, so any fighting seems to trigger it.
But it's definatly also happened after a fight with the dwarves, so I don't think it involves killing your civs enemies.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, cause I hit the caverns in a challenge and I'm hoping that the animal-man natives are going to be friendly. Cavecamps has no standing army to defend against an animal-man skirmish.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I noticed the same thing when using Just Embark just to embark on forts. Inhabited by jotuunar or jotunarr Or however you spell it.

Lots of Fun. Reclaim had all of the named jotunarr or whatever sticking around. Yay. Maybe they'll be friendly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't attack my own civilization as far as I know o-o Anyway, checked from legends, they didn't become enemy of my civilization and vice versa. Could it be that if dwarfs aren't ordered to attack them, it doesn't count? ._.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile

I'm not using mods o-o Only modifications I made were NO_EAT and NO_DRINK to dwarfs and kobolds so they wouldn't die in world gen(I started missing kobolds and dwarfs too die too easily, though annoyingly since this affects to fortress mode too, now I don't need to feed them -_-; I wish next update comes quick, I prefer playing vanilla(this is first time I ever edit raws in this game)) and I removed "Exotic" part from every creature in game since dungeon master is bugged and they can't be tamed otherwise and I figured out taht since I added to NO_EAT/NO_DRINK to dwarfs/kobolds, I might as well do other stuff.

Anyway, it seems each time one of reptilemen kill one of dwarfs and gets name, they turn into friendly o-o Also, somehow one of the blowgunners become swordman despite wielding only blowgun. I didn't edit anything related to animalmen I swear ._.

you can remove the noeat and nodrink tags after worldgen, and things should be back to business as usual.

as for blowguns, both blowguns and bows use the swordsman skill for melee attacks, just as the crossbow uses hammerer.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I see o-o And thanks ^-^

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile

Odly, dwarf fortress doesnt have a spider man.
Pages: [1] 2