Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sacrificial Chamber - Blood for the Blood God!  (Read 2015 times)

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrificial Chamber - Blood for the Blood God!
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 05:13:34 pm »

...Excellent. Very Dwarfy, I applaud you. Much Fun for the victims.
I especially enjoy the part about making statues from obsidianized gibs - 'This statue represents the fatal fall of Urist McSacrifice in the Summer of 9001.'

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »

Actually, you need a shorter fall for larger creatures.  Crundles are practically immune to falling, while elephants barely survive a 2 level fall.  I'm also against enormous use of magma here.  Let it fall, or sit in puddles, but it's hard to use a sacrifice chamber when it's just a submerged room.  Some moderation (not much) is required.

Tallefred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 07:34:42 pm »

Actually, you need a shorter fall for larger creatures.  Crundles are practically immune to falling, while elephants barely survive a 2 level fall.  I'm also against enormous use of magma here.  Let it fall, or sit in puddles, but it's hard to use a sacrifice chamber when it's just a submerged room.  Some moderation (not much) is required.

What about a magmafall covering the walls entirely, with an entrance awning emerging from it and a thin bridge connecting it to an elevated altar made of engraved obsidian? This way it also includes the mandatory huge fall for the hero to throw the high priest over.

Actually, I think I'm going to use that one now.
This is to make me recognizable.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 07:41:18 pm »

Simply enough: A pad to drop the dwarves on, surrounded by a pool of magma. Put spikes around, menacing statues, etc. Drop them onto the middle of the landing pad (likely obsidian) and see how many pieces fly into the magma. You may want to not make a bridge for clean-up, but rather re-cast one with water on the magma each time. That would have a pretty terrifying effect. Make sure to force prisoners to watch.
Pages: 1 [2]