Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sacrificial Chamber - Blood for the Blood God!  (Read 2035 times)

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sacrificial Chamber - Blood for the Blood God!
« on: July 28, 2011, 04:14:51 pm »

I'm-...I wouldn't say 'new' to the game, as I know all the basics, but I'd like to know a simply way of creating a gruesome, innard-harvesting way of creating a sacrifice room.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Sacrificial Chamber - Blood for the Blood God!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 04:18:05 pm »

Long falls work well enough.  If it's not your own dwarves/pets then you can give a soldier an axe, those are fairly gruesome.  Another play took large daggers stolen from kobolds, and made a "high priest" squad in the military that wore robes, masks, and daggers.  Either way, statues.

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 04:20:08 pm »

That's...delightful. Very Fun idea, thank you.

And so, the temple of Armok shall begin.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:19 pm »

Single-spike repeaters can do well for this purpose - stab after stab after stab.

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:21:59 pm »

Long falls work well enough.  If it's not your own dwarves/pets then you can give a soldier an axe, those are fairly gruesome.  Another play took large daggers stolen from kobolds, and made a "high priest" squad in the military that wore robes, masks, and daggers.  Either way, statues.

:)

You could mod it so you can make a 5x5 workshop that uses a barrel and a caged animal or whatever and produces a barrel of bloood and the bones and skulls etc. don't know if this is possible tho
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 04:22:59 pm »

I believe the actual design used chained goblins on the altar.  If you'd like an audience, windows made into individual 1x1 rooms with levers works well.  Dwarf pulls lever, gets stuck inside, and is forced to watch the killing.  A good macro can make the lever-pulling extremely easy.

NINJA: cannot use animals in reactions.  You can use meat or lungs or whatever, and produce blood, but cannot use an actual animal.

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 04:24:07 pm »

Hm...also good, since I have plenty of extra axes lying about.

As for the priests idea, the commander shall be given an axe, the acolytes given swords or daggers. I'll make a special room for chaining up animals and a drainage place for the blood..~

The workshop idea is also great...

HorridOwn4ge

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is average nowadays...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 04:25:44 pm »

I believe the actual design used chained goblins on the altar.  If you'd like an audience, windows made into individual 1x1 rooms with levers works well.  Dwarf pulls lever, gets stuck inside, and is forced to watch the killing.  A good macro can make the lever-pulling extremely easy.

NINJA: cannot use animals in reactions.  You can use meat or lungs or whatever, and produce blood, but cannot use an actual animal.

What if you use a modified butcher shop?
Quote from: SmileyMan
I got fed up with my fortress, so I decided to kill everyone (abandon is for elves) with a cave-in.

OK, cave-ins were always pretty deadly, but with the new falling object damage they are downright brutal.  As far as I can make out from the logs, many people were killed by the flying bodies of other victims.  One baby's corpse ricocheted off three other people, two walls and the floor.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 04:26:44 pm »

You can't modify the butcher shop.

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 04:27:19 pm »

Hm...Barrels of blood would be a nice touch, but I'd like things I can see - pools full of blood and guts.

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:11 pm »

Is there any way to /force/ my Dorfs to build a statue of Armok?

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 04:34:32 pm »

If you're talking about the b>s type of statue, then you will never ever get an Armok statue. You may get all the randomly generated ones that your fort worships, but not Armok. It seems his visage is too fearsome for dwarves to ever sculpt.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 04:44:14 pm »

There's a way to add Armok as an image, same way as someone has added Cacame as a random image.

Yes, according to http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Cacame_Awemedinade#Add_him_to_your_game.21 you can add things into the art image file and get these generated sometimes.  Except I'm not sure you can get a statue of it, because I've never seen a statue of a default image, only engravings/sewn images.

rumpy46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 04:55:34 pm »

Thanks for all your help! My fort can get busy, once Goblin Christmas comes around.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »

I started drawing up something that would be good enough for you in asciidraw but quit it halfway, so apologies for the late response here. It's no good giving someone a blueprint and saying "here, this is how you do it" - anyway! What you obviously want, is a giant drop right into the middle of your room. 10 z's should do, 15 for bigger creatures. You may want to shield your viewers with windows, or just let them enjoy the gibs, but one thing's certain - you want magma. A sacrifice room without magma is blasphemy, and thus, you may probably want to get a drop similliar to the one you're using for your sacrifices to procure magma mist. The more, the better. Of course, the area may or may not be smoothed and engraved, depending on your style, and you may go ahead, order your dorfs to toss the little giblets back into the shaft, obsidianize them, dig that out, and move them to a specific area with a mason shop, where a preferably legendary dorf will turn it into a statue adorning your chamber. Or whatever else, really. As said before me, a priest with one of those kobold large daggers may be a very nice tool if the entity being dropped survives the fall. And I guess I'm outta ideas here.
Pages: [1] 2