Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Might and Magic Fan-made game looking for help  (Read 4234 times)

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Might and Magic Fan-made game looking for help
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 04:09:47 pm »

Which of the dungeons in MM9 is unfinished?
By the way, I believe Legends of Might & Magic was the first game to feature 3D modeling. I've heard that there was a lot of crossover work between LoMM and MM9, though.

It's been several years, so I forget names, but there was one in particular I'd probably still recognize by sight.  IIRC it was a temple-like dungeon.  By unfinished I mean it's basically just the entrance area and no monsters.  It's an interior dungeon type zone, so clearly it's meant to be a dungeon, but there are no quests tied to it and nothing in it.

MMX Alamar

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the M&M10 Development Team!
    • View Profile
    • Might & Magic 10: Children of the Void [Facebook Page]
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 06:15:22 pm »

It's been several years, so I forget names, but there was one in particular I'd probably still recognize by sight.  IIRC it was a temple-like dungeon.  By unfinished I mean it's basically just the entrance area and no monsters.  It's an interior dungeon type zone, so clearly it's meant to be a dungeon, but there are no quests tied to it and nothing in it.
I think you're referring to the Temple of Honk in Guberland. You can enter the dungeon and there are two Honkers inside as well as a Goose. There are also two chests behind a wall. You can't go anywhere further in the dungeon in the beginning of the game, until you speak with Fre in the Hall of the Gods. Apparently she unlocks it for you when she gives you the quest to retrieve the Golden Goose statue.

Hopefully that's the temple you're talking about. That also means you haven't played the entire game! :o

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 11:33:49 pm »

I tend to be a completionist and did, in fact, play as much of the game as is possible without a walkthrough.  I've managed to find and finish every quest in MM6-8 that way (judging from what guides I've looked at, anyway), though I missed a few Easter eggs and relied on FAQs for most of the riddles.  Either I managed to miss that one (:-\) or a patch fixed/broke it (not sure what version I played).

Regardless, MM9 is not well-polished.  At all.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 03:29:17 pm »

Wait a second.

A few posts back, you mentioned a Vector. This wouldn't happen to be the same Vector as our Vector, the female Mafia godess who uses epic-looking food and drinks for avatars, would it?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 05:22:23 pm »

Pretty sure he's a guy.

Interesting, Legends of might and magic look like the online mode of dark messiah.

but this game will be like mm6, mm7, mm8, or even wizardry 8, right?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 05:44:38 pm »

Our Vector is "she".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MMX Alamar

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the M&M10 Development Team!
    • View Profile
    • Might & Magic 10: Children of the Void [Facebook Page]
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 06:51:53 pm »

Wait a second.

A few posts back, you mentioned a Vector. This wouldn't happen to be the same Vector as our Vector, the female Mafia godess who uses epic-looking food and drinks for avatars, would it?
No, no, it's a totally different Vector, lol.

Pretty sure he's a guy.

Interesting, Legends of might and magic look like the online mode of dark messiah.

but this game will be like mm6, mm7, mm8, or even wizardry 8, right?
It will be like the "updated" version of MM6-8. We're going to try to make M&M10 into everything that MM9 wasn't, and more.

Also for you fellas interested in Legends of Might & Magic, we're having a 10th Anniversary celebration of Lomm on June 18th, 2011. Check out the Gatherings page at Lomm HQ, and maybe pick up a copy of Lomm to try out. It's sold pretty cheap on sites like ebay and amazon.

Legends of Might & Magic 10th Anniversary
Pages: 1 [2]