Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Notrium  (Read 28941 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Notrium
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2011, 10:58:55 pm »

A biggie is to NEVER kill the small aliens until you need to. If your lucky, the ships graveyard section will be nearby, and there are, I think, more small aliens in there.

I have found the reason I never survived. Mining area = VC tazer = win. I'm amazed at how powerful it is. I've always stayed away from those areas, since they had nasty foes and I never knew they dropped their weapons.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2011, 11:06:35 pm »

So how do people generally get past the 150 mark? I have yet to find enough small blues in and around the starter area. As you said, if I got to the hive I am beset on all sides by half visible aliens and then die pretty quickly if I don't run like mad.

I tried to save the small blue aliens in Ancient Ruins and Ship Graveyard for the evolution... but those are not enough. It has to be done in the Hive.

For fighting tips, do it like in FPS... back paddle and fire. As said before doing that in a swamp makes it easier, as both you and your enemies move slower.

There is a tiny base with a teleporter in Ship Graveyard, there will be some respawning marines guarding it. As far as I can tell they don't have the scary VC Taser/flamethrower as those in the Mining Area. Kill them for health packs. They will also kill some respawned aliens for you, giving you free food. If there's no marines, leave and come back later. Sometimes you get a turret guarding the teleporter too, which you can damage, repair and reuse.

Also in the Hive there're multiple camps of aliens... you may need to travel further to find the blue queen. I found the blue camp near the lava river, lots of small blue aliens there.

I'm now at the stage to hunt normal blue alien to evolve... I am still no match for the marines in the mining area though. Flamethrower and VC Taser are very, very scary. Even at full health, one hit from the VC Taser and I'm nearly dead.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:08:18 pm by kcwong »

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2011, 11:07:44 pm »

A biggie is to NEVER kill the small aliens until you need to. If your lucky, the ships graveyard section will be nearby, and there are, I think, more small aliens in there.

I have found the reason I never survived. Mining area = VC tazer = win. I'm amazed at how powerful it is. I've always stayed away from those areas, since they had nasty foes and I never knew they dropped their weapons.
I found a VC Pistol there on a guard, it really helped against that shotgun wielding bastard who has the keycard to the bunker.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2011, 01:30:55 am »

Propulsion boots. Get them, and you can outrun anything as long as you have ether. They are in boxes in the mining area. I seriously ran through the Hive from South to North in like 30 seconds.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2011, 01:38:05 am »

I finally spotted a glass tube in the mining area, while fleeing from VC taser marines. That thing sure is hard to spot! So now I have a welding torch... and a serious temptation to break open all those boxes regardless of the dangerous marines.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2011, 02:03:07 am »

If your not an android, those boxes have tons of food and health. Plus you can get bullets and ether, and if your really lucky, the propulsion boots.

I just had a bug. Made my hoverbike, mounted it, and the camera goes flying across the area to the north, and doesn't move. So now I'm out two antigravs.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2011, 02:16:29 am »

Oops! Wrong thread.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2011, 05:38:04 am »

Pretty boring game imo.
I once installed it but never played it so I did now. The flying in your crashpod was fun but after that it wasn't...
But you guys seem to have fun so I'll leavy you alone now  ;)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2011, 09:03:49 am »

I'm pretty close to winning my first alien game now... escape pod fully repaired, evolved to the stage I need to kill brown aliens (detect close and lethal bite), and have already destroyed all but two turrets in the missile base.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2011, 07:39:35 am »

Found a bug: When you place turrets near a map's edge, do not exit the map while your turrets are visible. If you do that, your turrets' location will change, some even dragged with you into the other map.

Make sure your turrets are outside of your view before moving between maps.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]