Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Df Unplayable. Need Major Help  (Read 359 times)

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Df Unplayable. Need Major Help
« on: April 09, 2011, 09:46:18 pm »

Okay, so I've had none of the other problems, like no iron and stuff but since the new caravan arch I haven't been able to really play dwarf fort. Every world I gen has extinct dwarfs. I've tried all different types of worlds and nothing exists. My last world was the first that didn't have extinct dwarves. I checked and of the maybe 12 civs everyone had a dwarf. Yes one dwarf. 12 civilizations with a single dwarf in each and every one. What am I doing wrong? Currently I'm using 0.31.25 downloaded from the lazy newb pack. I want to play dwarf fort and I'm not playing another fort with extinct dwarves. If you need more info just ask.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

JAFANZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Df Unplayable. Need Major Help
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 10:04:57 pm »

Try generating younger worlds with less savagery.

Also, set the megabeast die off to start earlier than 200.

JmzLost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Df Unplayable. Need Major Help
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 10:13:57 pm »

Set History as short as possible.  For "Create New World", go with "Very Short", this stops in year 5.  For "Advanced Parameters", set [END_YEAR:5], it has the same effect.  The more civs, savagery, and megabeasts you have, the harder it is for your dwarves to survive.  A short history means the other civs and megabeasts don't have time to wipe out the dwarves.  As a happy side effect, more of your engravings will be about things that happened in your fort, rather than "Elfy McElf wandering:fifth journey of Elfy McElf".

JMZ
Also, obviously, magma avalanches and tsunamis weren't exactly a contingency covered in the mission briefing.
I can assure you that Ardentdikes is not the first fortress to be flooded with magma. What's unusual is that we actually meant to flood it with magma.