Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oh happy day...  (Read 473 times)

Hoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Oh happy day...
« on: April 07, 2011, 08:27:19 am »

this is just a gushing with joy thread.
Sooo i have bin playing DF mainly in the mid 31.* lurked here about dayly and just now have a running fort in which just about everything goes my way.

Version boons first:
-the hospital: boy boy boy everything gets stored and patients go in and out in no time, i even sometimes miss them beeing in the hospital it works that well
-military: the equipment works for me now, they grab what they are supposed to and only change if they can upgrade, doing so immediatly
             related: the cleaning... oh my good the cleaning works even out of the hospital *sob*
-butcher: used to work only on hunted or slaughtered animals, now even works on military kills ( i just recently butchered a giant roc worth ~900 roc-meat; the only ones they wouldnt butcher were starved big grazers idk whether that is intentional)

this specific fortress:
- i am using the large hippo seed posted somewhere a few versions ago and added some cavern layers
-this embark just has everything:
ore-wise: iron copper flux coal tin gold silver -no platinum but hey... smithing galore
              there is soil and clay  -not really my thing but you could if you wanted
lands:       pretty flat only 3Zs above ground which is important to me because i tend to get lost in rolling hills
               a minor river for all watery needs and fishing
               a ridiculus amount of trees
               all Civs alive (except kobolds i think i havent seen them) with the following names:
                  -Goblin: The Frightfull Deceiver
                  -Humans: The Subtle Laconic Confederacy
                  -Elves: The Colorless Ape
                  -aaannnd (>play drumroll.wav<) The Armor of Murdering

in Game
while setting up my first ever 10 TS a pop Dangerroom i noticed there has been a fix for the stocks screen ;)
also i filled the DR with 4/7 water... Holy Cow skills jump to legendary inside a month and the attributes also increase drasticly
now i am thinking of making fully militarised fort while I definetly want to be the Capitol of the Armor of Murdering
-> therefore, questions:
1) Is the Baron still bugged and i have to do the whole only then talk to him if the caravan already left-dance?
2) Is the Dungeon Master back? I have a nice collection of mandrills i would like to war train and pit
3) Can dwarves haul stuff if they are carrying weapons?
4)Can i influence my moods in any way? I am mainly getting possesions right now, which i would like to avoid.

PS: TOADY TOADY TOADY TOADY everybody! TOADY TOADY TOADY TOADY
PPS:oh sorry folks no badgers, neither in the post (duh!) nor the embark up until now
so far... i will post screens or seed if requested

Mechlin

• Bay Watcher
  • /u/sarasti_
    • View Profile
    • ArtStation
Re: Oh happy day...
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:40:20 am »

PPS:oh sorry folks no badgers, neither in the post (duh!) nor the embark up until now
so far... i will post screens or seed if requested
Just as I was going to say "Wait, what? Not a single word about badgers?!"

P.S. Damn, this "colorless ape" name just made my day )))

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
Re: Oh happy day...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:30:49 am »

1) Is the Baron still bugged and i have to do the whole only then talk to him if the caravan already left-dance?
2) Is the Dungeon Master back? I have a nice collection of mandrills i would like to war train and pit
3) Can dwarves haul stuff if they are carrying weapons?
4)Can i influence my moods in any way? I am mainly getting possesions right now, which i would like to avoid.

Well your post certainly made me grin with the happiness it dripped all over the place.

1) I personally haven't had any problems appointing a Baron.  Coincidence, lucky timing or bug fixed, I'm not sure.

2) The DM is still bugged, but if you save the game, go into the raw files and change [PET_EXOTIC] to [PET] for mandrills, then go back into your fort, you will be able to train them.

3) Yes.

4) Not really, although reportedly if you make everyone miserable you are more likely to see a Fel Mood.  Possession, Secretive and Fey moods are pretty random as far as I know.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0