Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My liver!  (Read 885 times)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My liver!
« on: March 11, 2011, 03:11:32 am »

My legenday mason, that was the cornerstone of my "Make lots of statues to get all this famn rock out of here" industry just died of liver failure. Is that supposed to be able happen?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

CinnibarMan

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
Re: My liver!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 03:14:52 am »

Didn't know that could happen. Got a screen shot?
Burning and raping the land is recreational. Where business is concerned, though, sustainability is the name of the game.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:15:17 am »

This is a misnomer.  Dwarves have very hearty and large livers, in relative body size much larger than the average human's.  By "liver failure" I assume you mean "failure of the lever to perform" which I assume to mean "failure of cleanable bodily fluids".  I think the actual medical term is "sober".

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 03:21:06 am »

I don't have a screen shot, it didn't actually pop up anything saying his liver failed, he was just lying in the hospital bed and the only woulds he had were in his guts and liver, then he died.

I can see him dying of soberness though.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Flyingdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 03:22:32 am »

Lol, dying of being sober, what a way to go, how HORRIBLE!
I held my temper in check for some time... a difficult thing to do with hundreds of sharp, pointy bits of metal ricocheting off of you. Frankly, however, targeting my genitalia was the last straw."

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 03:24:05 am »

Forgotten beast syndrome?  I've had organ necrosis before, but they always made it...:(
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:25:11 am »

What report did it give for death?  Bled to death, suffocated, etc?

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 04:29:09 am »

I don't have a screen shot, it didn't actually pop up anything saying his liver failed, he was just lying in the hospital bed and the only woulds he had were in his guts and liver, then he died.

I can see him dying of soberness though.

Lying in a hospital bed, he'd only be drinking water. No wonder he was having liver problems. I'm surprised we don't see liver problems more often in hospital patients.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 04:32:45 am »

Sorry had to go back to look.
Oddly, looks like thirst.

Does water actually harm dwarf organs?

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 04:49:00 am »

You probably had no water.  Dwarves in the hospital don't drink booze.