Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to kill rats.  (Read 6358 times)

blah_1123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How to kill rats.
« on: February 22, 2011, 11:06:16 am »

i have loads and i mean LOADS of rats in a cage and i want to get rid of them. What is the best (most inhumane) way to get rid of them? ive tried to drown them only to find they can swim! im going to try adn place the cage under a drawbridge and smash them but im not sure if it will work, i might try and lock them in a room with a buzzard see what happens, but i need to get the buzzardin the room without it attacking my dwarves.  anyone got any ideas that they know it works? please help.
I reccomend letting him go nuts, though.  If he goes berserk, free target practice for your military!  If he doesn't, raving naked bedridden dwarf!

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: How to kill rats.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 11:11:44 am »

Release them in a room with a lot of cats.  Even then, some of them may escape.

I don't think you can kill vermin with crushing, drowning, or incineration.

You could also tame them, then sell them to the elves.  That might actually be more inhumane than killing them.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:42:41 am »

ElfBought Rat has been miserable lately.  ElfBought Rat has been forced to eat a terrible meal of wood lately.  ElfBought Rat has been punished for defacing a tree lately.
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

malimbar04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:43:14 pm »

ElfBought Rat has been miserable lately.  ElfBought Rat has been forced to eat a terrible meal of wood lately.  ElfBought Rat has been punished for defacing a tree lately.
They'd probably eat it. They are known for cannibalism, right?
No! No! I will not massacre my children. Instead, I'll make them corpulent on crappy mass-produced quarry bush biscuits and questionably grown mushroom alcohol, and then send them into the military when they turn 12...

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:39 pm »

Did you try to use trappers to deal with vermin?  Teeheeeheee.

Rude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 06:23:51 pm »

so is there a productive purpose for trapping that doesn't involve OP's problem or FPS death?
I think they cause good thoughts if used for pets but screw that.

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 07:27:09 pm »

Humane? In Dwarf Fortress? Heresy!
*insert witty signature here*

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 07:31:42 pm »

Magma. Seriously, I can't believe it took 5 posts for someone to suggest it.  :P
Memento Mori