Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bees; Post game tips here!  (Read 3479 times)

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
Re: Bees; Post game tips here!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 11:58:29 am »

Well, yes. But that just means 10 000-20 000 decoys to me (and sieges. I know. Every silver lining has its cloud). I hate it when monkeys steal artifacts and stuff.

a) as mentioned above, they steal the entire [10000] bee stack. This is obviously buggy, so it was reported.

b) the same thing happens with any other vermin. Build an 'animal trap', get a 'trapper' to 'catch live animal', and assign the live vermin to a cage. It is now a single-use decoy.

Unrelated: In one 31.18 fort, I forgot to bring a cat, so I had a migrant dwarf trapper collecting vermin in an animal trap and quantum-storing them in a cage. Said cage eventually got tossed into the volcano.

Sunday

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, 12:28:12 pm »

I dont know what i'm doing wrong, but I've never been able to get any honey out of a beehive. I get royal jelly and wax, but that's it. And I keep getting lots of "job canceled: item lost or destroyed" spam.

I haven't done it, but IIRC after you get honeycomb, you have to build a screw press and "press" the honeycomb to get honey.

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, 02:46:54 pm »

Thanks, I'll try that. I suppose what's confused me is that I don't see how they'd get royal jelly without the screw press either....

elf-fondling human

• Bay Watcher
  • 4-d ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 04:43:34 pm »

One of my Dorfs kept trying to butcher all of my cage bees. It got really annoying and in the end i had to forbid the cage until some traders came.
That didn't last long, huh? Shame, cause binary's cool. Anyway, an important message: I will be changing my names on every username based thing I use to ASCIt on/around 10/1. Consolidating, I guess you could say.

j0nas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »

One of my Dorfs kept trying to butcher all of my cage bees. It got really annoying and in the end i had to forbid the cage until some traders came.
This sounds great.  Imagine how many prepared bee brain you could have gotten out of it!
Pages: 1 [2]