Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mount and blade warband mods.  (Read 6935 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
mount and blade warband mods.
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:41:06 pm »

looking for some decent M&B warband mods which add a lot more depth to the game.. went looking for some but not sure whats good or not.
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Seamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Which way to the Egress?
    • View Profile
Re: mount and blade warband mods.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 12:54:34 pm »

Brytenwalda is definitely worth the time.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,135589.0.html

Some perks:

1. -A detailed map of the British Isles (including the countries we know as England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland now), with meticulous recreation of the coasts, rivers, forests and mountains.
2. -A map almost twice the size of Native.
3. -More than 40 cities, over 75 castles and 200 villages to explore, conquer and plunder. All with historical names.
4. -New Icons for forts and villages.

* 1. -31 Historical Kingdoms, all specific to the year 636. A huge world to explore: With Kings, lords, ladies, bards, priests and many other characters.
      2. -More than 200 historical characters to interact with, their behaviors defined according to what we know of them. Meet the Brytenwalda Oswald, his brother, Oswiu, which will give life to future Northumbria. The pious Annan, who saw his brothers die in bloody wars with Mierce; talk to the beautiful Hild, be before Santa; the widow of Edwin, and Aethelburh; the warlike King. Penda, the murderer of kings; the Bishop Binarus; Talk to King of Powys, Eluan, or the legendary Nowy Hen among others.
      3. -Nearly 50 extra “common” npcs like clerics, bards, quastuosas, spies, shepherds.
      4. -Names npcs are in Old English, Welsh, and Irish.
      5. -Bounty system – you can ask the tavernkeepers for wanted lists and become a famous bounty hunter!
      6. Hunting system – you can hunt deers and boars in the woods of Britannia and Ireland.
      7. Ship Travel – You can buy a ship at a Shipyard town and you can travel out to sea.
      8. Expanded dialog system kit
      9. Diplomacy mod add
      10-. Cleric and pagans priest parties in map.
      11-. Sea travel player and AI
      12-. Sea Battles
      13-. Random Events - some things happen...
      14-. Decision events - You choose. Your decisions are important in the world of Brytenwalda.
      15-. New Buildings - you can build temples (Improve Faith of your subjects), blacksmiths (more income), libraries (more renown) and merchant guilds (more prosperity) in your towns and villages.

1. -Size of armies more in line with the reality of 7th Century warfare.
2. -Skirmish War – you can create skirmish units and send them to ambush the enemy, entertain them, or prepare the ground before the battle.
3. -Reinforcements system – Towns and Castles can recruit from nearby villages to restore and maintain their garrison. While you siege a Town/Castle , you can attack recruiters and prevent them from bringing reinforcements to your enemy.
4. -NPC troops/bandits can join the battles nearby.
5. -It takes less time to plunder & raze a village.
6. -You can be evil – you can attack castles and towns without provocation or warning. You can attracts bandits under your flag and create your evil army.
7. -Camp Entrenchment - You can build, fortify and defend your camp.
8. -Messaging system – you can hire messengers (the spy unit) and send them to Lords (right button mouse) for trade, a challenge to a duel, insults, even give gifts!
9. -Supply Wagon - You can use it to store excess loot. Loot will automatically be added to the supply wagon after a battle.  If you assign an NPC to command the supply wagon, you can send it to a town of your choice to sell any loot or prisoners you don't want.
10-Changed the cost of recruiting/hiring/upgrade/wages troops.
11-. If you have clerics and follow women in your party, you can rise morale.
12-. Inventory access on sieges.
13-. Bodyguard system - When you're powerful, you'll need a bodyguard to protect you wherever you go. Your most faithful.
14-. Town Recruitment noblemen and others troops.

"One should behave like a gentleman when dealing with gentlemen, and a bastard when dealing with bastards."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 12:59:50 pm »

Brytenwalda
Based around England. (Currently playing)
Updated to latest version.

Prophesy of Pendor
Not updated to latest version.

Floris Mod Pack
Super Native Expansion (Will try out later, looks promising, plus, this has the custom commander convenience perks I lurv.)
Updated to latest version.

Blood and Steel
Not updated to latest version.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 01:43:03 pm »

CRPG
c-rpg.net
A persistent multiplayer mod...
A lot of gear tweaking and such. Ultimately it is a grind fest, to an extent, but fun non-the-less.

Otherwise I enjoy 1257 AD
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:44:38 pm by Goron »

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 03:11:13 pm »

Didn't we just have this thread?

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 03:35:08 pm »

I play c-rpg, a website end data base for the game.

Its like a mmorpg :P

Long story short: You get cash and xp, and you keep the garbage you buy and the levels you gain, you can retire once you hit lvl 31 for a heirloomed item (modiefier on a item you have) and some other benefits.

ITs pretty fun, for those of you who just want that hint more consistency ... and of course, a slowly filling xp bar... *drool*

*edit* Links

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,178.0.html
http://www.c-rpg.net
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:39:51 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 03:36:44 pm »

What server do you play CRPG on anyways? I'm on the NA servers when I play.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 03:40:48 pm »

EU servers, mostly avoiding siege (not what I like). Thtb of Acre

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 04:56:40 pm »

Didn't we just have this thread?
Yeah, maybe.  ;)

(There's also this thread, which had some good mod discussion for a while, before it split off into the other topic.)

(Oh, and I just realized that the older topic was itself a dupe of an earlier thread. Either M&B is incredibly popular, or playing it somehow negates your searching skills.  :P )
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 04:58:30 pm by Thexor »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 01:20:06 am »

It is popular here.  Very unique game-type.  Fun too. 

I play it on and off all the time.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation