Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Tasty drinks while sick.  (Read 6220 times)

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
Re: Tasty drinks while sick.
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »

I swear, when did chemicals become a substitute for doing something the normal way regularly?

"I hate brushing my teeth, but a 2% concentration of sulfuric acid does the trick!"

You do realize that chemicals are abundant in toothpaste, right? :D

Of course. But not the "kind my chemistry teacher keeps in a clear glass jar" kind of chemicals. I see it along the same lines as "Why buy matches, just use flint over some magnesium, same diff!"
Or "throw some powdered aluminum on that rusty pole and begin shooting it with tracer bullets!"  ::)

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2011, 10:42:24 pm »

I swear, when did chemicals become a substitute for doing something the normal way regularly?

"I hate brushing my teeth, but a 2% concentration of sulfuric acid does the trick!"

You do realize that chemicals are abundant in toothpaste, right? :D

And that everything is chemicals. People seem to have this warped idea that anything good/natural isn't "chemicals" whereas anything bad/artificial is.

H2O2 "literally cooking the flesh" (whatever that means) isn't necessarily a bad thing. First off, many things irritate your own cells for similar reasons that they are useful against microorganisms (see: alcohol). Secondly, sometimes you want to tell the damaged and dead flesh on a wound (or somewhere else) to screw off. That's where debriding agents like H2O2 come into play.

Also, while H2O2 can certainly be dangerous, keep in mind you're also diluting it a lot.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2011, 01:45:05 am »

Hot chocolate is always something I drink when I am sick. Way better than bitter coffee.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]