Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Really quiet Site  (Read 1041 times)

Thelogman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Really quiet Site
« on: December 21, 2010, 02:54:43 pm »

I'm running a modded game, (dogs breath dragonfire, cats can fly, no other changes), and while I thought I could get some excitement to test out my new dogs, I haven't gotten much of anything. I've been going for almost 4 years now, and I've hit only two goblin ambushes. Plenty of snatches and thieves, but only two ambushes. I've pierced all three caverns, but no megabeasts or forgotten beasts or anything have appeared yet.

Fortress wealth is pushing 5 million, and still nothing interesting is attacking me.

I haven't played any other site on this file, and I set the number of beasts as high, and I know the goblins aren't extinct.

I guess this just happens sometimes?

Gamer of Indie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Really quiet Site
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:04:06 pm »

If you want at least something to happen, try provoking the elves, if they're still a civ. Cut down all the trees and try to sell them wooden trinkets. Especially if the trinkets are engraved with the images of Urist McRacist striking down Elf Merchant.
Everyone knows dwarves pass knowledge through a mass collective, fueled by alcohol. Hence their inability to sustain themselves over long periods with water; they lose the dwarven empathic connection, and become singular and... sane. Which in turn drives them crazy!

Halna LeGavilk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 03:04:31 pm »

Yeah, that does happen sometimes. It also depends on your fortress population (though I imagine with your wealth and level of security, it must be quite high). Sieges start at 80 pop, so if you cap before that, seiges won't happen.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 08:33:13 pm »

Well, if I knew your dogs could breathe dragon fire, I wouldnt attack you either!

Davichococat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 08:45:51 pm »

^ This.

TheeBaconman

• Bay Watcher
  • Topics normally misunderstood. Dabbling worder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 08:56:06 pm »

Well, if I knew your dogs could breathe dragon fire, I wouldnt attack you either!

Well I've had dwarves charge into a squad of lashers...alone. I think the goblins would have the jhorblocks to charge the dogs with only a mitten and later die of an infection after falling off a cliff. Not attacking is out of the question for these guys!
"A stupid is, a stupid dies." -Tribes 2

Think of the children?!
You sick freak.